8V VCDS Mods

You sure it’s a S3? As far as I know, it would only work on FL A3 1.4 and RS3 since the ABS and might be other module is different on the other variations including S3..

I've been out of the loop for a while, has anyone been able to code the flaps open on the WLTP S3s yet?

You sure it’s a S3? As far as I know, it would only work on FL A3 1.4 and RS3 since the ABS and might be other module is different on the other variations including S3..
Yes, I'm sure.

Hey guys.
Can you help me with my interior lights?
They we're dump dome light, halogen and I bought 2 pairs of led to replace it with. So far so good but after 2 months they started flickering a little bit. Is there a channel in 09 where I can change them from halogen to led? Like you do for turn signal or reverse light?
Thank you

Hey guys.
Can you help me with my interior lights?
They we're dump dome light, halogen and I bought 2 pairs of led to replace it with. So far so good but after 2 months they started flickering a little bit. Is there a channel in 09 where I can change them from halogen to led? Like you do for turn signal or reverse light?
Thank you
You need to purchase better quality LED's as poor quality ones always do this.

Reactions: Alin Marin
I did, I payed 25€ for a pair, I tought they we're good quality :(
But no coding for this?
Thank you!

I did, I payed 25€ for a pair, I tought they we're good quality :(
But no coding for this?
Thank you!
I could sell you some LED's for £200 does not mean they are good quality lol

Contact @t8ups via the forum. He will supply ones that work with no issues.

Reactions: Alin Marin
Guys I have a Australian Delivered PFL 2015 RS3.
I have a VCDS Ross-Tec Cable and have been stuffing around with the settings of the car. I’ve attempted many mods some successful some not so.
One mod that interests me is:

RIDE HEIGHT ADJUST.

I found it on a section which I just can’t remember.
Not only that, there were values that could be easily changed rather than going through the Long Code Helper.

I was wondering if anyone had done this mod? I would like to ask before I brick my car..

Guys anyone understand or attempted this?
Cannot adjust the physical ride hight through coding on our cars. What can be done via coding is a re-calibration to tell the vehicles what it’s true hight is so that the magride system (if you have it) works as intended. VCDS cannot do this however.

there is a couple of very long and detailed threads on this subject, the search button is your friend, don’t be afraid to use it :)

So I decided to go out and code my alarm beep tonight. Didn’t get past first base unfortunately. Went to the vent elect module, but vcds comes up with

“coding is NOT supported by this control module variant. Replacement modules must be parameterised by using the factory tool and software-version-management (SVM).”

the car is a 2017 s3 saloon. I presume that the later modules are no longer able to be coded with vcds? I did have a search of this thread but didn’t have much luck, so apologies if it’s already been covered.

Also, those of you with VC that have coded the g meter. Does it have to come with the non functional power and torque gauges, or can you enable without them?

So I decided to go out and code my alarm beep tonight. Didn’t get past first base unfortunately. Went to the vent elect module, but vcds comes up with

“coding is NOT supported by this control module variant. Replacement modules must be parameterised by using the factory tool and software-version-management (SVM).”

the car is a 2017 s3 saloon. I presume that the later modules are no longer able to be coded with vcds? I did have a search of this thread but didn’t have much luck, so apologies if it’s already been covered.

Also, those of you with VC that have coded the g meter. Does it have to come with the non functional power and torque gauges, or can you enable without them?
You went in to long coding, alarm beeps are configured in adaptations. Suggest you do some further reading before jumping in so as to not mess anything up as you have already clicked on the wrong option for what you wanted. Start by creating a backup of your factory / original settings.

You went in to long coding, alarm beeps are configured in adaptations. Suggest you do some further reading before jumping in so as to not mess anything up as you have already clicked on the wrong option for what you wanted. Start by creating a backup of your factory / original settings.

Oh, what an idiot. Thank you. Everything I’ve ever made changes to on vcds has been in coding so I went straight there to look. Last thing I done was a trailer module on my a4 and was amazed just how many different things had to be altered before it would work properly.

i know not to touch anything I don’t understand, just went in for a look about but the advice is still appreciated.

That’ll teach me for not reading the instructions.

Alix whilst I have your attention, do you know if it’s possible to add the combined cruise control/limiter stalk to the s3? I’ve seen it on a TT Of the same era, and it’s something I really miss from driving BMW’s.

Oh, what an idiot. Thank you. Everything I’ve ever made changes to on vcds has been in coding so I went straight there to look. Last thing I done was a trailer module on my a4 and was amazed just how many different things had to be altered before it would work properly.

i know not to touch anything I don’t understand, just went in for a look about but the advice is still appreciated.

That’ll teach me for not reading the instructions.

Alix whilst I have your attention, do you know if it’s possible to add the combined cruise control/limiter stalk to the s3? I’ve seen it on a TT Of the same era, and it’s something I really miss from driving BMW’s.
Things have moved on from long coding, with newer platforms it’s more about adaptations.

In theory speed limiter should be possible as I have seen the settings but finding the correct compatible stalks might be an issue.

Things have moved on from long coding, with newer platforms it’s more about adaptations.

In theory speed limiter should be possible as I have seen the settings but finding the correct compatible stalks might be an issue.

So I see. Adaptations instead of coding. I guess a lot can change in 8 model years!

id made the assumption that the TT stalks would likely be the same as the 8v. I guess that’s another wrongly made assumption. Shame!! Don’t know why they didn’t put it on the 8v!!

I was able to disable my headlight washers totally in 09 central electrics, long coding in vcds in my prefl A3. I now have a fl rs3 but my BCM is just full of zero’s and isn’t readable. Because of this I am unable to disable my useless headlight washers....is there any other coding or adaptions to disable or change how fast the activate? Can you help @DJAlix :)

I was able to disable my headlight washers totally in 09 central electrics, long coding in vcds in my prefl A3. I now have a fl rs3 but my BCM is just full of zero’s and isn’t readable. Because of this I am unable to disable my useless headlight washers....is there any other coding or adaptions to disable or change how fast the activate? Can you help @DJAlix :)
via Adaptations in 09. Have done mine but cannot remember whats needed off the top of my head. Will work it out.

Reactions: 8YARWY
So does the power meter work as intended? I've heard people talking about it not working on the S3.

I get the meters to show but it just shows zero all the time. Seen it in a 1.4/1.5 a3 and it worked as expected.
Think @DJAlix mentioned it depends on certain combinations of hardware installed from factory like abs, ecu etc to get it fully working.

Have seen this post before on Facebook, a while ago actually, of someone claiming they can code the dials to work on any vehicle. I could be wrong but I call BS, why? If this was the case then social media would be flooded with people having it done and “showing” it off.

So does the power meter work as intended? I've heard people talking about it not working on the S3.
I didn't do anything different
I did it with obdeleven and it worked !!!

CQ9qnyv.jpg

from what seems likely
now i'm looking for upshift light like rs3 have you heard anything newer if done ?

I've also just coded the G Meter and Power Dials on my 2019 S3 Saloon (WLTP). Seem to be working perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_20200221_105048.jpg
    IMG_20200221_105048.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 470