8V VCDS Mods

Anyone got anywhere with TPMS, ACC. ABS coding. New Beta is out as well!

Can anyone help me remove component protection? What are the steps, please? I have installed a new MMI High unit and need to remove protection. Thanks.

I want this, but at the moment with the latest VCDS version, the ACC module is still locked, asking for the security code. I'm sure RT will find it out soon.
Has anyone found this yet? ACC menu is the one last thing I'd like to enable....

Has anyone found this yet? ACC menu is the one last thing I'd like to enable....

My dealer did mine for me during an "Aftersales Evening" at the garage. It required connection via the OBD socket to the dealer's computer system and then it was activate via the an internet connection to Audi AG. Took about 10 minutes in total. The master tech who did it said this is how most things on the new A3 are activated.

+3

My dealer enabled mine when I picked the car up - took 10 mins, including the drive to and from the workshop.

My dealer is a hundred or so miles away (carfile.net purchase) and I have VCDS so would like to do iut myself :) It will only be a bit somewhere in the rom.

May well ask at the first service as 2 seems about right for most driving.

My dealer is a hundred or so miles away (carfile.net purchase) and I have VCDS so would like to do iut myself :) It will only be a bit somewhere in the rom.

May well ask at the first service as 2 seems about right for most driving.

One of the disadvantages of not buying from a local dealer!!!

are you referring to just the standard ACC indictors and displays, or a different "hidden" menu?

Ohhhh thanks.. can't watch youtube at work, but I will later.

Can this be activated to any A3 8V (mine's gonna be a 1.8T S-tronic)

No. You have to order it unfortunately.

If you do a lot of stop/start driving or following cars on A/B roads and you can alter your order - do it. It works incredibly well with s-tronic

Agreed - ACC is a must have (unless you are one of these types who are convinced that their masculinity is being threatened by driver aids)

Reactions: constvoid, The Challinor and veeeight
No. You have to order it unfortunately.

If you do a lot of stop/start driving or following cars on A/B roads and you can alter your order - do it. It works incredibly well with s-tronic

Never heard of the system in the Mexican versions to be honest, and unfurtunately can't order it, as my car is already on the dealership. It's just a matter that I get off this plattform on wednesday (I work offshore for the oil industry) and sign the papers.

I'll be presenting it soon.

Thanks.

thanks for taking the time to post. Might group them together in relation to which part they effect the car such as the DRL / Xenon

You are missing a few other trivial adjustments like the auto dipping mirror and oil temp.

Hi guys, there's a few mods I would like to do (and there is beer tokens for whoever is in the South East).

Has Video in Motion been unlocked for the tech pack high?

Video in Motion is not sanctioned by Ross-Tech.

You have to use an alternative tool. Do a search on this forum, there are plenty of heated posts and threads on this subject.

Video in Motion is not sanctioned by Ross-Tech.

You have to use an alternative tool. Do a search on this forum, there are plenty of heated posts and threads on this subject.

That's fine, wasn't asking if it was justified, just if it was possible.

Hi guys, there's a few mods I would like to do (and there is beer tokens for whoever is in the South East).

Has Video in Motion been unlocked for the tech pack high?

As veeeight said, you can't activate Video In Motion (VIM) using VCDS.

I have the tool to activate VIM for the Audi A3 (8V) and Golf Mk7, but I'm based in Aberdeen.

As veeeight said, you can't activate Video In Motion (VIM) using VCDS.

I have the tool to activate VIM for the Audi A3 (8V) and Golf Mk7, but I'm based in Aberdeen.

Thanks for the reply. It seems that it's a full reflash of the MMI at the moment? I'm certainly not paying £80 for the privilege!

Has anybody had their car serviced after changing the settings? Rumour I heard is that the car is plugged in and 'reset' to the standard UK spec settings.

I'm looking to add a rear view camera to my A3. Does anyone know how the VCDS steps to activate the rear view display when the car is shifted to reverse?