8V VCDS Mods

I have adaptive cruise control and when slowing down, it will speed up again as long as traffic and my car don't come to a complete stop. Is there a way to code the car so that even after a complete stop, it will start going again when the traffic starts moving so I don't have to hit the gas or ACC resume?

Does activated the oil temperature mod stop the virtual cockpit from displaying the COD going into 2 cyl mode ?

Since I have done it, it has never shown up. To be fair the car has only done 200 miles and I cant remember which COD activation actually lit up.

Anyone any ideas ?

I don't have VCP, but you need to change the coding to what I put . It looks like you've changed it to something else

Change the coding to what I suggested

Then lock the car, open the windows, spray some water on the rain sensor
I didn't change the last coding. My original coding is 00006C, so i changed it to 07006C.

I have adaptive cruise control and when slowing down, it will speed up again as long as traffic and my car don't come to a complete stop. Is there a way to code the car so that even after a complete stop, it will start going again when the traffic starts moving so I don't have to hit the gas or ACC resume?

if ACC does a complete stop and the traffic starts moving within 3-5 seconds it automatically will start going. Otherwise you need lane assist + acc and traffic jam assist (only on facelift models)

Does activated the oil temperature mod stop the virtual cockpit from displaying the COD going into 2 cyl mode ?

Since I have done it, it has never shown up. To be fair the car has only done 200 miles and I cant remember which COD activation actually lit up.

Anyone any ideas ?

If you have VC you already have oil temperature in one of the displays. If you set your screen with "average consumption" you will see the bar go green if 2cyl mode is active. Grey = not active

Not a problem :)

Looking at your data I can see that the following are set to be used as CH / LH Lights:
  • Rear Left Parking Light
  • Rear Right Parking Light
  • Licence Plate Lights
  • Front Left Parking Light (DLR)
  • Front Right Parking Light (DLR)
  • Front Left DRL
  • Front Right DRL
So you main lighting is configured as needed already. CH / LH Lights can be configured in two places and now that I have looked at the first all that remains to be changed is the following:
  • 09 - Cent. Elect > Adaptations > IDE04926-ENG115656-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten
Change the above to anything other than “Low Beam” and you should be good to go.

Hi @DJAl I;ve got round to doing this tonight. I only have two options and that is low beam or fog light. I changed to fog light but it still illuminates headlamp. I went back to check and the channel was still showing fog light|!. I rest MMI, started engine etc but cominghome/leaving home is still on dipped beam. Do you have any suggestions mate. Thanks again

Hi @DJAlix , my post at #2734 above didn't hyperlink to your username. Could you help me out mate? Thanks

Cool cool. I am actually working on a magride car at the moment so will know more soon but... have just managed to successfully recalibrate an RS3's MagRide. Well chuffed :)
when you say calibrated what exactly does that do?
have you had any new updates on the older magride delete coding?

when you say calibrated what exactly does that do?
have you had any new updates on the older magride delete coding?
Still working on the MagRide Delete. Seems like there is a bit more to it with the newer vehicles.

Calibrating = resetting the ride hight vales, measurement from wheel center to bottom of wheel arch, so that the MagRide controller has a baseline in order to be able to control the stiffness of the suspension. Values can be "fudged" in order to soften or harden etc.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Good morning
I did a scan and I got 1 error (526359 is error code )
I have coded the backs turn signal lights
I have put the brightness in the front led to 95%
Where is the problem?

Sorry for my english is not very good

Good morning
I did a scan and I got 1 error (526359 is error code )
I have coded the backs turn signal lights
I have put the brightness in the front led to 95%
Where is the problem?

Sorry for my english is not very good
526359 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded? If the error is related to control module 09 then your car does not like one of the modifictions you have completed. I would revert your changes one by one, scanning between changes in order to see which one your car does not like and go from there.

Yes the error is Control Module Incorrectly Coded
I will try that you told me and I will come back

Thank you

Edit:
I found error
The back turn signal light he had the error

I did that: (Upload Photo)

Is it going to do it again without making a error?

Attachments

• IMG_1759.PNG
    IMG_1759.PNG
    269 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
@DJAlix

What should I do to prevent me from showing up error?
Followed the above procedure but I'm getting error
Facelift car? If so I believe there is a way to remove / suppress the error, but I have only just thought about it while typing this reply. Its something I will need to test but am crazy busy at the moment so it will be low down on my list.

Facelift car? If so I believe there is a way to remove / suppress the error, but I have only just thought about it while typing this reply. Its something I will need to test but am crazy busy at the moment so it will be low down on my list.

No facelift
Thank you very much for the immediate response

Reactions: DJAlix
Hello all - quick question: Has anyone with an 8V messed around with the Driver Steering Recommendation setting in module 44? Mine's a 2016 PFL S3 and literally overnight after sitting in the garage, the steering now feels, well, cr*p. Slipping all over the place. This thread here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/533535-2013-Steering-Issues-VAG-COM-Fix/page16 explains well how the car's behaving. Mine has ADS and I have dynamic steering set through the individual ADS setting, but whichever setting I choose - comfort, auto, dynamic - it's still steering all over the place. Checked the tyres, pressure, and suspension and everything else underneath, and it happened overnight sat there, so I'm guessing it's the same issue those folks on that thread are experiencing. If anyone with an 8V had this happen to them and unchecked that option (for us it's module 44, long coding, byte 0, bit 0), please let me know how it went. Cheers.

Just added the G Meter and Engine data to my S3 this morning, suprised at how straight forward it was tbh.
34d4bbfefc7db2fb146fd05a42166e6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: craigwhelan and Rob2k68
Has anybody got anywhere with adding this?? So much need for this!!
a0ac1c1c7e1897fdaa2d69a98373f111.jpg

Can you detail what changes you made to what addresses and what coding?
Instruments - 17

Coding

Byte 15 value changed from 00 to 10

I did this by copy and pasting the original code into the new coding and changed byte 15 from 00 to 10

Do it

Job done

Reactions: Rob2k68
Also

Go into the settings on VC and select the new features, then you will need to ammend VC to get them both on the same screen

Also the Engine Date appears to either be zero or 100% which is a shame.

Just added the G Meter and Engine data to my S3 this morning, suprised at how straight forward it was tbh.
34d4bbfefc7db2fb146fd05a42166e6c.jpg

How did you do that? Just changed those bytes? What did you copy and paste?

What are you using to code it?

Oh nice. I thought you meant you changed the text to say RS5 not the actual unit, which I thought strange as A3 and TT based labels are the only labels available on the normal MQB VC. You can change the labels on the MLBevo VC to anything A4/5 and Q5/7 based + Quattro. RS = shading + solid red zone. S = Black with solid Red zone. A = Black with Red zone highlight. VCDS is able to do this, but little else.

Was this a straight fit size wise or did the dash insert trim need modding?

How do you change this? Would happily change my S3 to RS3.

Why are there no guides on here - we need a list of modifications and what to change. .

How do you change this? Would happily change my S3 to RS3.

Why are there no guides on here - we need a list of modifications and what to change. .
Unfortunately time is not my friend at the moment, and has not been so some time now :( As soon as I get a chance I will be publishing a ton of FL vehicle mods, just like I did with the PFL A3 guide I made, but I will be hosting everything on my website vagcarcoding.com.

Has anybody got anywhere with adding this?? So much need for this!!
a0ac1c1c7e1897fdaa2d69a98373f111.jpg

Activation of this display and the S / RS single dial display on normal "A" cars has been cracked but cannot be activated via the normal go to applications which why there has been no detail posted, and without going in to too much detail there is also certain "conditions" (coding speak) which must be met in order to be able to activate this which need the use of the official VAG tool with full online access to the VAG network.

Reactions: Craig Cull
Activation of this display and the S / RS single dial display on normal "A" cars has been cracked

I do not have the shift lights on VC for my S3? Has this not been cracked yet? I assume to activate would simply engage Dynamic mode with the trans in M?

Activation of this display and the S / RS single dial display on normal "A" cars has been cracked but cannot be activated via the normal go to applications which why there has been no detail posted, and without going in to too much detail there is also certain "conditions" (coding speak) which must be met in order to be able to activate this which need the use of the official VAG tool with full online access to the VAG network.
I think he means the shift up hint.

We have access to odis but as you know its hit and miss as to wether you can actually get online to use it. This is more important than the G Meter and Engine Data to me really. Let me know your fees, i will happily send the car over.

Has anyone worked out what hardware module(s) are missing in order to have the engine data (torque/power) show anything other than 0%/100%?

Clearly there is a missing link in the data being sent to VC/MMI, but after trawling the current flow diagrams for a few hours, I'm no closer to working it out yet.

EDIT: And yes, it would be great to get the shift "lights" (or zones, or bands or whatever they are called, in green/yellow/red) to work in M on an S3.

Hi! Does anyone know how to activate the dynamic rear turn signals on a 2017 facelift?

Hi! Does anyone know how to activate the dynamic rear turn signals on a 2017 facelift?
You would need full LED Dynamic light clusters to be able to then code them. Am guessing you are based in the USA as I have seen non-dynamic FL clusters for that market.

You would need full LED Dynamic light clusters to be able to then code them. Am guessing you are based in the USA as I have seen non-dynamic FL clusters for that market.
Yep! I am from the US. I do have full LED tail lights, and they look exactly like the dynamic ones. I assumed it was just a "locked feature" or something in the software, but the hardware was already there. Sorry, I'm new to this!

Yep! I am from the US. I do have full LED tail lights, and they look exactly like the dynamic ones. I assumed it was just a "locked feature" or something in the software, but the hardware was already there. Sorry, I'm new to this!
When you activate a turn signal do your clusters flash both the turning signal strip and your brake light?

Also the Engine Date appears to either be zero or 100% which is a shame.

Same situation.
Maybe we need the new rs3's code, or just the VC version not right.

I am FL S3. Have anyone change the MMI start screen?
I have already used Odis to change RS3 VC gauge.

But Power / Torque just display 0% or 100%.

And my friend's TTS can't show the power/torque & g-force when he used my code.
I have no idea..

Probably a silly question - but can the front turn indicators be coded for the dynamic sweep operation on FL cars that already have that on the rear indicators?

Has any progress been made on establishing if a coding procedure exists for enabling the Traffic Jam Assist ("low-speed steering") functionality for North American and Australian FL cars that already have ACC & Lane Assist? Apparently European cars have this.

Has any progress been made on establishing if a coding procedure exists for enabling the Traffic Jam Assist ("low-speed steering") functionality for North American and Australian FL cars that already have ACC & Lane Assist? Apparently European cars have this.
Not as far as as I'm aware. Still waiting for MY18's to hit Oz shores to see if enabled by default, as per some Audi sales guidance.