8V VCDS Mods

What do you mean by "sports mode"? I have a tach in the middle digital screen.
Non S and RS cars don't however, just the standard two dial display.

Is single dial sports display possible? Totally :) Can it be done via VCDS? Unfortunately not :(

Do you know which module to look at? I have an etron and have a speedo on the right and power gauge on left. I do have a digital tach if wanted in the middle.

Do you know which module to look at? I have an etron and have a speedo on the right and power gauge on left. I do have a digital tach if wanted in the middle.
e-Tron has a different display configuration. Its closer to the S and RS VC equipped cars but still different. Standard TFSI and TDI vehicles only get a traditional VC 2 dial display.

Mine isn't facelift. I don't have VC
Ah, well the person asking the question is asking if the attached can be configured on a non S / RS car:

Audi s3 2016 ac 571

This is what a TFSI or TDI gets as standard:

Maxresdefault

And this is an example FL e-Tron display:

2436x1552 a3 sportback etron vc

That was indeed my question. I have a Quattro TFSI and we did change the display to an RS5 display hoping this would enable the 3rd display with the central tach. But no.
If not through VCDS than how?

It's all through the VCDs.

What are you doing with the old display?
Unfortunatly VC display configuration of this nature is not through VCDS. The needed configurations are performed via software version management and parameterisation, something VCDS cannot do.

While looking at the VCDS today, I cam across 'night vision' and 'pedestrian detection'. I also tried to enable High Beam Assist and have several questions.

Has anyone with front radar and cameras, tried to enable night vision or pedestrian detection? what all is required to enable these? I would love to have these working.

Also, for High Beam Assist, I believe I have it enabled but can't find the setting to enable a MMI screen for it so I can enable/disable it on the fly. Is this available?

Reactions: glospete
It's all through the VCDs.

What are you doing with the old display?

The standard virtual cockpit display was changed for the RS5 display. It happens to be much nicer than the standard one.
Feels a bit silly having RS5 displayed though. But I do love the grey shading of the dials.

Attachments

• IMG_0666a.JPG
    IMG_0666a.JPG
    297.6 KB · Views: 458
The standard virtual cockpit display was changed for the RS5 display. It happens to be much nicer than the standard one.
Feels a bit silly having RS5 displayed though. But I do love the grey shading of the dials.
Oh nice. I thought you meant you changed the text to say RS5 not the actual unit, which I thought strange as A3 and TT based labels are the only labels available on the normal MQB VC. You can change the labels on the MLBevo VC to anything A4/5 and Q5/7 based + Quattro. RS = shading + solid red zone. S = Black with solid Red zone. A = Black with Red zone highlight. VCDS is able to do this, but little else.

Was this a straight fit size wise or did the dash insert trim need modding?

Oh nice. I thought you meant you changed the text to say RS5 not the actual unit, which I thought strange as A3 and TT based labels are the only labels available on the normal MQB VC. You can change the labels on the MLBevo VC to anything A4/5 and Q5/7 based + Quattro. RS = shading + solid red zone. S = Black with solid Red zone. A = Black with Red zone highlight. VCDS is able to do this, but little else

Very interested in making these. Where in VCDS can I make these changes?

Also curious if MMI updates can be done any other way than going to the dealer who won't do it because there is no TSB?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh nice. I thought you meant you changed the text to say RS5 not the actual unit, which I thought strange as A3 and TT based labels are the only labels available on the normal MQB VC. You can change the labels on the MLBevo VC to anything A4/5 and Q5/7 based + Quattro. RS = shading + solid red zone. S = Black with solid Red zone. A = Black with Red zone highlight. VCDS is able to do this, but little else.

Was this a straight fit size wise or did the dash insert trim need modding?

Not sure if I understand your question. This was purely a VCDS mod. No hardware was swapped.
About the single dial sports display....You say it can't be done via VCDS. Can it be done via VAG Can Pro or only through the Audi software update?

Not sure if I understand your question. This was purely a VCDS mod. No hardware was swapped.
About the single dial sports display....You say it can't be done via VCDS. Can it be done via VAG Can Pro or only through the Audi software update?
The image you posted above is of an MLBevo VC cluster, and being in an "A3" based VCDS mods thread it seemed like you swapped your MQB VC for that of an MLBevo, obviously thats not the case and you have an A5.

Sports Display > Single Dial Display can only be done via ODIS at this time. VCP, in future releases might be able to, but I doubt it to be honest.

Very interested in making these. Where in VCDS can I make these changes?

Also curious if MMI updates can be done any other way than going to the dealer who won't do it because there is no TSB?
Changes are made as per the PFL VCDS method of changing the DIS display logo.

VC software updates need to be performed by SD card, via the MMI unit. These updates are not released to the public.

Changes are made as per the PFL VCDS method of changing the DIS display logo.

VC software updates need to be performed by SD card, via the MMI unit. These updates are not released to the public.

This apparently won't work on the Facelift models then. I tried with no luck. Also, is it possible to still get the MMI update to use via SD card somehow without going to my dealer? I'm on 0694 and I understand 0875 is out. My dealer won't give it to me. There has to be another way to get it.

So where is the setting to change the virtual cockpit to an RS style display?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hey dj alex, the magride coding still did not work per another user who tried it.

hey dj alex, the magride coding still did not work per another user who tried it.
Cool cool. I am actually working on a magride car at the moment so will know more soon but... have just managed to successfully recalibrate an RS3's MagRide. Well chuffed :)

2017-Audi-R8-coupe-technology-virtual-cockpit.jpg

Would be totally cool if the S and RS models also got the green/yellow bit on the sports rev counter too instead of just the red.

Reactions: Craig Cull and MarttiMat
congrats on the rs3!

cant wait till you get the new coding you come up with.

Last edited:
I've been looking everywhere but I can't seem to find any answers, so hopefully you guys can help.

Is there a way to make the rearview camera full screen on a FL 2017 8v? Right now its like a 60/40 split with the rear distance sensor image. Is there a way to make it return to the way it was PFL?

I've been looking everywhere but I can't seem to find any answers, so hopefully you guys can help.

Is there a way to make the rearview camera full screen on a FL 2017 8v? Right now its like a 60/40 split with the rear distance sensor image. Is there a way to make it return to the way it was PFL?
Firmware issue with the new mmi v2 units. Need Audi to release a fix.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Rob2k68
Your lighting adaptation channels are configured differently than the norm then. Can you generate an adaptation map of 09 - cent elect and attach it here? Will be faster for me to look at the current setup than it will be to guide you through it.

To make an adaptation map please look at the following link:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a-guide-to-backing-up-your-vehicle-using-ross-tech-vcds.324907/

@DJAlix My apologies for not sending this before.

Attached is the adaptation map.

Many thanks again for your help mate.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejtku6rbznzyyph/adpmap-09-5Q0-937-084-AS.xlsx?dl=0

@DJAlix My apologies for not sending this before.

Attached is the adaptation map.

Many thanks again for your help mate.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejtku6rbznzyyph/adpmap-09-5Q0-937-084-AS.xlsx?dl=0
Not a problem :)

Looking at your data I can see that the following are set to be used as CH / LH Lights:
  • Rear Left Parking Light
  • Rear Right Parking Light
  • Licence Plate Lights
  • Front Left Parking Light (DLR)
  • Front Right Parking Light (DLR)
  • Front Left DRL
  • Front Right DRL
So you main lighting is configured as needed already. CH / LH Lights can be configured in two places and now that I have looked at the first all that remains to be changed is the following:
  • 09 - Cent. Elect > Adaptations > IDE04926-ENG115656-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten
Change the above to anything other than “Low Beam” and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pns2007
Anybody managed to find a universal security code for the ABS module yet?

Still trying to work out how to allow the EPB to be disabled without the brake pedal application being required.

Anybody managed to find a universal security code for the ABS module yet?

Still trying to work out how to allow the EPB to be disabled without the brake pedal application being required.
There is no universal security access code for the module. Long Coding and "some" Adaptation Channels require 20103. Any adaptation channels not using 20103 for the most part have their own unique SAC.

Which channel are you trying to change?

Reactions: Rob2k68
There is no universal security access code for the module. Long Coding and "some" Adaptation Channels require 20103. Any adaptation channels not using 20103 for the most part have their own unique SAC.

Which channel are you trying to change?

I've been trying to test several adaptations to find out what they do but 20103 (or several other codes I've tried) doesn't seem to work.

IDE04645-IDE05287-Electromechanical parking brake-Automatic application (stored value = not activated)
IDE04645-MAS05667-Electromechnaical parking brake-Driver presence recognition via brake pedal (stored value = not activated)
IDE04944-Brake pedal evaluation (stored value = activated)
IDE06505-Electromechanical parking brake:delay level (stored value = 6)

One feature I'm keen to discover is the ability to not require the brake pedal to be depressed when disabling the electronic parking brake.

Hi guys,

Is it possible to have the optical display of the rear parking sensors on the MMI High display? It's a PFL car with only the rear sensors. I could do it with the smaller MMI screen, but since the MMI High was retrofitted the following method doesn't seem to do the trick:
  • Control Module 10 - Park/Steer Assist
  • Coding - 07
  • Long Coding Helper
  • Select Byte 02
  • Bit 0 Optical Parking System (OPS) Active = Enable
Is there something else I need to enable on the MMI module?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Is it possible to have the optical display of the rear parking sensors on the MMI High display? It's a PFL car with only the rear sensors. I could do it with the smaller MMI screen, but since the MMI High was retrofitted the following method doesn't seem to do the trick:
  • Control Module 10 - Park/Steer Assist
  • Coding - 07
  • Long Coding Helper
  • Select Byte 02
  • Bit 0 Optical Parking System (OPS) Active = Enable
Is there something else I need to enable on the MMI module?

Thanks in advance.
Didn't work on mine either. mine is a FL with rear sensors only and MMI high. Would love to get it working as I find and audible bleeps not loud enough as I a bit mutton.

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of mods I haven't been able to implement successfully and haven't been able to find much on. My car is a 16 S3 pre-facelift.

1. Auto-engage epb when shifting into park
2. Disable noise cancellation (needed to install an aftermarket sub)
3. Disable the parking lines on the backup camera screen (just the ones that move when you turn the wheel. They're very inaccurate and distracting to me)
4. Disable the 'low battery' warning when connected via Bluetooth (starts around 75% remaining )

Any help is appreciated!

there really should be a different thread for the updated cars with facelifts and/or with the new display gauges.

this thread is getting really long and confusing with so many variants.

Reactions: rcnacura and Rob2k68
Hi,

a couple of months ago i received my brand new A3 Facelift Limousine! What a car! Really love it. I already did some mods, like the TT 8S map bracket under the passenger seat, the second grocery hook in the trunk, side assist (!), folding mirrors and rear view camera. I also did all the vcds & VCP mods however i need some help with something.

Im trying to code Rain Closing, but i can't manage to get it to work. The three adaption changes in 09 are done with VCDS and did the coding of RLFS with VCP. I changed bit 2 to 1 in Byte 0. However it still doens't work. What am i doing wrong?

Also is it possible to code "heartbeat" with VCP?

Thnx, i changed the coding to 06006C. I will try 07006C.

I just tried the coding, but it didn't work. Coding was accepted with VCP, but nothing happend when i tested it. Do i need to restart my MMI?

I don't have VCP, but you need to change the coding to what I put . It looks like you've changed it to something else

Change the coding to what I suggested

Then lock the car, open the windows, spray some water on the rain sensor