Facelift 8V S3 facelift side mirror dip?

anoor1

Reaction score
Hi just picked up my new s3 8v facelift. Can anyone confirm if the side passenger mirror dips when i put it in reverse? I can't get it to work. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Have you tried it with the adjuster knob pointed to the passenger side. That's how it works on my pfl

Only if you have the folding mirror pack. If you don't then it can be programmed in via VCDS.

Both of the above. Do you have a manual fold position on the knob - bottom left. If not the option was not selected for your car.

I used Carista yesterday to do this. You just need generic OBD2 adapter and Carista app for Android (+ $9.99 weekly Pro pass). Probably cheaper than paying for VCDS adaptation.

Reactions: dp_motley
I used Carista yesterday to do this. You just need generic OBD2 adapter and Carista app for Android (+ $9.99 weekly Pro pass). Probably cheaper than paying for VCDS adaptation.

I used the Carista today too but mine doesn't return to original position, any reason why this is???

I used the Carista today too but mine doesn't return to original position, any reason why this is???
afraid its a bit of a known issue/gremlin when using carista -mines the same but still happy to tweak it to its orig position when required

afraid its a bit of a known issue/gremlin when using carista -mines the same but still happy to tweak it to its orig position when required

Thanks for the heads up, still easier that it dips, it goes straight back when u turn the engine off, just not when u drive forwards. I'm waiting for the OBDeleven to come, got to get an android phone to use with it too.

If you flip the mirror selector knob back to center position it will go back to original position.

Cheers for that, i did go back into the Carista app & turned it off, saved it then turned it back on again & now works as it should.

Cheers tho Rideen

Reactions: Rideen
I know that this is an old thread, so sorry for bringing it up. Did anyone coded the mirror dip with OBDeleven on a 2019 A3/S3 without folding mirrors? Did it work? I'm interested in coding, not Apps, if possible. Can anyone tell me what byte and bit should I tick? Thanks in advance.