8v S3 asking for a oil service?!

S3_Blue

Reaction score
So my car, that I originally asked to be put on fixed service intervals (it turns out it wasn't) has told me a oil service is due in about 20 days or so.

The cars is only on 6k miles and its not a year old until April 2017, my local Audi says it needs a oil service, as I thought it was on fixed I expected it to go until April 2017 or 10k miles.

I thought I could just ignore the warning and go until April, but Audi Nottingham say not, I don't get how it matters as if it was on fixed it would last?, the lady at Audi said even on fixed service the car can ask for a oil service early if you do short journeys etc?, is this correct, I have had this same engine in three different cars and non did this!?.

I have to say they appear to be confused themselves with it!, anyone here have fixed service and the car didn't manage to get through the first year without requiring and oil change?, or anyone put on variable by mistake and just do the anniversary fixed service?

When I purchased my Golf R they forgot to put it on fixed but when I questioned this the local VW garage just said leave it till it's anniversary and all was good.

TIA

The last email from Audi Nottingham
The engine has read the oil quality and deemed it not to be of sufficient quality anymore and that is why it asked for a service. It will have asked for the service irrespective of if you was on fixed servicing now. Therefore, due to the reasons that I explained earlier, it does require a service. This first service is only an oil change and not a full service.

To keep the warranty you do need to have the car serviced within the Audi servicing guidelines.

The first oil change on the fixed regime is £214.31, which is fully inclusive of parts, labour, vat, vehicle health check, wash & vacuum and alternative transport.

Our diary is currently taking reservations from Monday 19th December onwards excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays.

So my car, that I originally asked to be put on fixed service intervals (it turns out it wasn't) has told me a oil service is due in about 20 days or so.

The cars is only on 6k miles and its not a year old until April 2017, my local Audi says it needs a oil service, as I thought it was on fixed I expected it to go until April 2017 or 10k miles.

I thought I could just ignore the warning and go until April, but Audi Nottingham say not, I don't get how it matters as if it was on fixed it would last?, the lady at Audi said even on fixed service the car can ask for a oil service early if you do short journeys etc?, is this correct, I have had this same engine in three different cars and non did this!?.

I have to say they appear to be confused themselves with it!, anyone here have fixed service and the car didn't manage to get through the first year without requiring and oil change?, or anyone put on variable by mistake and just do the anniversary fixed service?

When I purchased my Golf R they forgot to put it on fixed but when I questioned this the local VW garage just said leave it till it's anniversary and all was good.

TIA

The last email from Audi Nottingham

Sounds like a load of rubbish! As what would they say if your car was on long life and should go 18,000 miles between services and the light comes on at 6k! They would reset it for you, I would ignore it and wait until April or 9500 miles.

If it was me I would change the oil.
It might be contaminated , also not doing so might screw your warranty.
Oil is the lifeblood of your engine, skimping on small amount of money in the scheme of things

Reactions: sve170