8v RS3 Spotters Thread

Glacier White RS3 saloon on the Bodinnick/Fowey crossing this morning. Yummy!

Last edited:
Nardo Sportback with black wheels, black pack & black mirror caps in Weston Super Mere today.
Sounded awesome with noise bouncing off buildings.

16 plate Sepang Blue PFL in Modena, Italy middle of this past week

Reactions: NevMan
All Black 8v, kirkby Lonsdale with a great number plate spelling....posers

Sepang BJ16 M6 at Carlisle heading South about 8:20 this morning.
Looked gorgeous although I’m slightly biased

Reactions: NevMan and oli356
R20 MSL, I was following you for a little sprint!

What's amazing, and we never get to hear, is how truly phenomenal these sound from the outside.

What's amazing, and we never get to hear, is how truly phenomenal these sound from the outside.
Totally agree! I kept being told about the sound but didn’t appreciate it until I was made to leave the drivers seat, stand on the side of the road and experience a ‘drive by’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BadBoyWhiteRaps
Totally agree! I kept being told about the sound but didn’t appreciate it until I was made to leave the drivers seat, stand on the side of the road and experience a ‘drive by’

I really need to do this. I've never heard it from the outside!

Reactions: Adi7r, NevMan and zaka7
I really need to do this. I've never heard it from the outside!

However you’ve imagined it to sound from the outside... it’s better :icon thumright:

Reactions: Adi7r, Soup and D0C

And people say the FLs sound crap.

What utter rubbish.

They sound fantastic across the WHOLE rev range, especially from the outside.

Reactions: T-800, Adi7r, Phil3 and 1 other person
And people say the FLs sound ****.

What utter rubbish.

There do seem to be a lot of FL bashers on here......

And people say the FLs sound ****.

What utter rubbish.

I've never said it sounded s**t. Just not as good as the PFL, certainly from inside. I maintain that opinion and I've had both engines for lengthy periods.

Reactions: Terminator x
I've never said it sounded s**t. Just not as good as the PFL, certainly from inside. I maintain that opinion and I've had both engines for lengthy periods.

Mines sounds no different to the PFL. It just needs unleashed from the factory

Reactions: D0C
18 plate black RS3 with factory black wheels trundling through Bermondsey...sounded incredible!

I passed a nice looking Nardo on the way to Blyth today

Anyone else thing Nardo is looking dated now and very 2015.

I’d go for mythos black myself but this had black pack and on the move looked very nice after I had just passed an S3 that was also looking spot on.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Mythos with black pack is my fav. 2016 RS3 and 2018 RS4. Love black on black!

Reactions: NevMan and TerryCTR
Mythos with black pack is my fav. 2016 RS3 and 2018 RS4. Love black on black!

Don’t tempt me, the pcp doesn’t look too appealing on the RS3 at present when I compare it what I’m paying for the M2. I promised myself this was the last cash I was blowing on a car but I’ve got to scratch the 5 cylinder itch at some point!

Reactions: RGBARGEE and NevMan
Don’t tempt me, the pcp doesn’t look too appealing on the RS3 at present when I compare it what I’m paying for the M2. I promised myself this was the last cash I was blowing on a car but I’ve got to scratch the 5 cylinder itch at some point!

Cmon, you only live once

Reactions: TerryCTR
Cmon, you only live once

The fact I’m even thinking about it spells the end of the M2! I’ve got 2 single garage doors to convert to one double first and that’s costing RS deposit levels :(

Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x
A M2 parked next to me recently and looked really nice tbf, wasn't that much of a fan before that. What do you think of it Terry?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Jealousy is a cruel mistress methinks ;)

TX.

Not at all. Think Nando has been viewed my many as a fad colour. The only ‘free’ colour choice on RS.. just saying many say it’s looking a bit dated.

Black on Black you say? :thumbs up:

Attachments

• IMG_4456small.jpg
    IMG_4456small.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 297
Not at all. Think Nando has been viewed my many as a fad colour. The only ‘free’ colour choice on RS.. just saying many say it’s looking a bit dated.
Ah you mean RS Only colour option ;)

TX.

A M2 parked next to me recently and looked really nice tbf, wasn't that much of a fan before that. What do you think of it Terry?

TX.

I think it’s the best driver focused car I have owned in a long time it just feels so good down a twisty road (so long as it’s dry!). To be fair the MPSS do a decent job even in winter conditions but it can get a bit lairy if you gun it so every winter I’m always looking at Audi’s again.

The TTS I owned for 6 months was nicer inside although typical Audi I find getting a good seating position difficult and the bmw seats are infinitely more adjustable. It was quick enough and the fake noise sounded good enough although the farts got a bit boring after a bit and for me it was just so numb steering wise. That’s the only thing that would hold me back from an RS3 but I’ve never driven one so really need to try and find a test drive to compare with the M2.

The M2 was worth the extra cash over the M235 I punted for the TT so I’d hope the RS is a noticeable step on itself.

Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x
Driven them all. RS is massive step up from S models.

Reactions: RGBARGEE, TerryCTR and NevMan
You don’t happen to have driven an M2 DoC?

I’ve got an M240i having come from an RS3.
Honestly I don’t think the RS3 is worth the premium, aside from in the winter of course!
Not driven an M2 but I’d be surprised if you found the RS3 much better/worse overall, they both have pros and cons.

You don’t happen to have driven an M2 DoC?
No, however I had a long drive in an M3 Conpetition. Nice enough but I personally found it frustrating not being able to get the power down. Would love a drive in an M2, though!

I think the M4 even in comp form is known for traction issues so the M2 is a bit better on that front. I’ve contacted a local dealer so I’m on the list for when he gets one in to test.

Spotted 3 rs3's in Harrogate....Daytona 8p, nardo 8v & white saloon sounded very nice