8v RS3 Spotters Thread

Saw my first Nardo with black pack yesterday eastbound on the M4 near Reading at lunchtime.
Amusingly, without prompting, my other half said "is that the unpainted option?"
I thought that it looked good.

Reactions: Evotion and Terminator x
Catalunya red (l think) Rs3 on the northbound A42 close to M1 junction around 7pm this evening.

Nardo grey in Brighton following me down Bear and Coombe Road near the racecourse. I was on my Ducati though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Saw a solar orange 16 reg today AL16... definitely had the upgraded exhaust on the bypass near Redcar this afternoon

Spotted at Raith Interchange, and followed me up Bogs Brae towards Bellshill. SS16 FKN I think. Black with Silver alloys. Sounded very tasty under the motorway bridge.

Spotted a sepang blue in Denton, Manchester. Black styling pack, looked very nice colour is gorgeous in the sun..... Almost as nice as Nardo grey :tongueout:

I keep spotting a nardo and a white RS3 in Twickenham, Teddington and Whitton. I'm usually sat in traffic going the opposite way in my RS4 though. Both sound pretty damn good!

Can the Nardo RS3 I see often around the SS postcodes of Essex (if on here, and if not then you should be but little point me adding that cos you won't read it!!!) please stop giving it a squirt of loud every time the 16 Plate Daytona S3 passes you (opposite directions of course, not passes as in overtakes). You have a masterpiece of a car and I like it, and the noise it makes very very much. Don't keep rubbing it in ;)

Reactions: Terminator x and Spaceman_RS3
Spotted a white RS3 in Wigston, Leicester today not sure if anyone on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair few at the Audi event weekend just passed + on the M4 on the way there too!

TX.

Sepang jnct 10 Ashford about half an hour ago

Keep seeing a Nardo down Bannatynes gym in Stepps (very nice) and saw another Nardo on the M8O a few weeks back making a great noise before pulling off at the robroyston junction-may have had something like an mtm badge on the rear.

I was following in my M235i at the time (now sold) - waiting on the FL RS3 SP which is due imminently. Just joking I know that goes down like a lead balloon on here. I've ordered a TTS due mid march as I couldn't wait about for a car that may or may not come and I don't fancy the saloon.

As usual missed the ****** boat but one day I'll own one of these 5 pots

Saw a great looking RS3 in Riviera Blue I think yesterday heading south on the A24 around Horsham. I was heading the other way in my Sepang S3 and a bit jealous.
Looked great if it was you

Ride Italian. Drive German. Kiss French.

Spotted Daytona RS3 SN65 JJK this afternoon on the North Circular in London, heading from Walthamstow round to the A12.

Beautiful car, but I'm afraid it won't be long for this world as the driver is surely going to make it on to the organ donor list before the summer arrives. In the space of a mile he caused almost a dozen near pile ups by weaving in and out of three and sometimes five lanes of traffic, at one point causing the car in front of me to do a full emergency stop from 50mph as he was trying to get to gaps the simply weren't there, that I can only assume it was stolen. This was driving of such immensely low skill and competence that it made the normally low standard seen on that road seem of AIM standards. This was frightening.

Thanks for nearly killing everyone around you, you utter tool. So glad it was worth it though, your efforts gained you a place in a queue at least 30 feet ahead of all the other cars you'd so nearly forced in the Armco...

Reactions: Lhasa2008
Spotted Daytona RS3 GV16 X** driving like a tool through York 10pm last night.

There's a time and place, undertaking cars at double the speed limit in a built up area is dumb.

Reactions: GSB
I didn't realise this was the "Spotting bad RS3 drivers" thread!

Reactions: Lhasa2008
I didn't realise this was the "Spotting bad RS3 drivers" thread!
Admittedly, my observations are by no means a statistically relevant sample, but I don't think I've never seen an RS3 being driven sedately, and I've never seen an RSQ3 being driven in any manner other than one which would lead me to suspect there was a speed averse vicar behind the wheel. Very odd...

Both are a pretty rare sight though, so driven badly or not, it's still a "spotted".

Last edited:
saw a stunning nardo grey in Aberystwyth on the weekend. had a go pro mounted up front. would love to find out if he's local.

I was the guy in the blue 8L S3 with the bikes.

Spotted a Black RS3 reg ending in "USA" near the Jurys Inn Manchester.
I didn't appreciate how good the RS3 sounds from the outside even on tick over.

Reactions: far2tall
Saw a very nice black one in the collompton services on the M6 at lunchtime today. Reg starting EX, the driver was looking very lost. I felt suitably downtrodden in my Skoda Rapid hire car...

Just pulled up at the pub to meet someone and she commented "I thought it might be you, what a racket", looking unimpressed, ha!

Edit: I ought to point out I pulled in and reversed in gently, albeit in dynamic mode.

Reactions: Terminator x
Spotted a grey RS3 on the m25 heading eastbound today around 7.30pm

Black one horsing it down the A77 towards Ayr. Heard it before I seen it!
Then a Sepang one just outside Asda in Kilmarnock.

This was yesterday around 4:45 in the space of 5 mins.

Reactions: elton121272
They really are unbelievably loud. I accidentally downshifted from 3rd to 1st gear yesterday at about 7000rpm and it was like artillery fire!

Reactions: Terminator x and kayemill
Nice to see two RS3's parked up in convoy M1 services this morning. **03EEE in solar orange(?) and a white 16 plate. Nice chatting with one of the owners too who has 500bhp! If you're on here and reading this - firstly don't judge the parking (emergency coffee break!) and apologies if I was a bit grumpy, running on no sleep and a long commute to work.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Spotted a Daytona Grey in a parent and child space at Toys R Us in Kilmarnock around 5ish. Also saw an edition one A45 AMG in white and another A45 AMG in black. Quite a car park tonight.

Sorry not Toys R Us it's Smyths Toys in Killie.

Why is there no option to edit my post?

Blue Rs3 this morning heading towards hinkley. I was in the mystic blue s3 saloon

Anyone on holiday in the Costa Del Sol with a debadged Sepang sportback from Glasgow Audi? Saw you parked along the promenade yesterday afternoon/evening. Must've been an awesome drive too bit jealous after last year's run to Italy in the S3

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Don't suppose anyone on here has a Nardo grey with a reg plate something that looks like NICE X?

They really are unbelievably loud. I accidentally downshifted from 3rd to 1st gear yesterday at about 7000rpm and it was like artillery fire!
Great, I must try it! Didn't think the car even allowed it.

Nardo grey rs3 followed me through winscombe. When I turned off and they gave it the beans it sounded amazing :hearteyes:
Maybe my next purchase will be an rs3 :grin:

Reactions: D0C
Yellow (!) RS3 spotted on either the M40/M42 or M6 on Saturday 8th at about 4.00PM

(On way back from Manchester to London and wasn't paying attention - ****** satnavs)

First yellow one I have seen - My favourite colour for a car.

Matt blue RS3 (JU** SXC) on the north circular heading towards the A13. Zipping in and out a lot, but sounded epic to be fair. A merc and a beemer tried to follow the RS3 with the same gusto but couldn't quite keep up.

Stunning Nardo Grey with all of the trimmings (FD16 ***) in the Warwickshire area this morning. Looked sensational. Pics really don't do Nardo any favours.