8V RS3 367PS Tuning from DTUK and DTE

At last got round to fitting my box....its been a long time coming but these last few nights the weather has been wet and wild up in Sunny Glasgow!

Anyway took about 10 mins to understand the instructions and another 10 to fit. I used a few cable to keep everything neat and in place so as cakes not able to freely move to a hot part of the engine. I will be keeping a pair of snips in glove box for simple removal if needed.

So I've now got 1,050 miles on the clock with a good 50 pushing her to her limits in stock. I would say generally she feels quick - because they simply are fast hatches - and probably slightly up on 8P mk1 although I'm now biased of course. I would say though that my mk1 MTM Stage 1 felt quicker and faster in mid range boost although difficult to compare in your head....

Anyway did a few stock laps in mk 2 before setting up DTUK box. Then similar lap route in 'mapped' mode. Stuck with recommended map and haven't touched any settings. For those considering this warranty safe option then the gains are very noticeable. Every gear feels just that little bit quicker all round but collectively transforms the car to feel what I image going from an RS4 to RS6 must feel like. Now seriously quick indeed and the mid range for me what the biggest gain - particularly in 3rd which takes you in excess of 80 and more than enough for our roads.

Makes the car feel much more confident and closer to some of the serious big boys!

Overall delighted and only tested for 15 mins with no launches at all yet, so lots more smiles to come and I will be sure to add my comments further but thought worth sharing my initial reactions so far.

Need to get her on the rollers sometime soon...anyone recommend anyone good in Glasgow area?

Cheers.
Hey mate,

good to hear, I found the gains got greater over time as the car adjusted... I found running it in map 1,1 and then map 1,2 got the car to adjust faster... as those two maps increase the boost more... after a couple hundred km I returned the car to 1,0 and I find it runs amazingly well... easily 0.4 secs quicker from 0-60mph at a minimum.

I had mine on map 1 boost 2 for couple days was to worried to push it in that map but changed back to preset to see if feels different. Can't tell really from when 1st put it on preset but i do think once done a few hundred miles the ecu would of got to no the box better...

Anyone tried the different maps? As in map 2 map 3?

I personally think those maps would work better with 100-102 RON fuel... as the box is upping the boost quite aggressively.

We've taken 2 different rs3s to 2 different dynos in the last few weeks so thought I'd post the results, which virtually match the original graphs posted from dte in Germany.

Our rs3 stock

Our rs3 tuned

Customers stock RS3 that visited Shark Performance in Mansfield

Customers tuned RS3

I'm sure this will be of interest to anyone that sees past the peak numbers and can see that the biggest gains are to be found mid range,

Oh and of course DTEs original graphs

Stock

And tuned

No before, but a tuned car that was taken to Riverside Racing in Liverpool

Reactions: xpoweruk
Hmm not really much gains mid range or peak, for the extra risk of going tuned id say it's not worth it for those gains IMO

Hmm not really much gains mid range or peak, for the extra risk of going tuned id say it's not worth it for those gains IMO

the headline gains are

49ps at 5840rpm
92nm at 4105nm

Reactions: donovan2123
I'm sure they are, saying NO extra risk by tuning an engine is a little naive though.

Not naive - smart I would - because no matter what negative outcome the car is protected under warranty and you get to enjoy a completely different driving experience.

It amazes me how anyone can guarantee these are untraceable!!
If you blow an engine or turbo or gearbox the parameters are still able to be read from the cars memory.
Max requested torque etc are unable to be wiped so I wouldn't assume your automatically covered under warranty.

Reactions: 5pot, DAYTONA 500 and T-800
I've said it before, your as covered as how far Audi want to look into it.

Gents,

The flywheel figures are meaningless, because they are derived from an assumed correction factor...

The wheel power figures tell a hugely different story... stock is 293bhp at the wheels... which with a 25% correction factor, converts to 390bhp....

Tuned, the car makes 349bhp at the wheels... which is actually 460bhp with a 25% correction factor... but due to that EEC correction rubbish, only a 15% loss is applied, taking the flywheel horsepower to 410bhp.

Im sorry, but if a car is making 56bhp more at the wheels... its making a shed load more than 20bhp delta at the flywheel....

Reactions: oldoiler and ABYSS
It amazes me how anyone can guarantee these are untraceable!!
If you blow an engine or turbo or gearbox the parameters are still able to be read from the cars memory.
Max requested torque etc are unable to be wiped so I wouldn't assume your automatically covered under warranty.
and have you read of anyone thats used any kind of tuning box thats had a warranty claim rejected?

I'm aware of several S3's and Golf R's that have suffered turbo failure that have been using tuning boxes from ourselves and other companies and they've not had any issues.. But i welcome any info to suggest otherwise

and have you read of anyone thats used any kind of tuning box thats had a warranty claim rejected?

I'm aware of several S3's and Golf R's that have suffered turbo failure that have been using tuning boxes from ourselves and other companies and they've not had any issues.. But i welcome any info to suggest otherwise
If your wanting an honest answer then yes!
There was a TTRS that had a gearbox repair rejected due to running a tuning box, I'm not saying it was yours!
I wasn't even aiming my comment at you just merely posting the facts which are if you tune your car by either remap or tuning box don't automatically assume your covered by warranty.
If you'd like me to dig and find cases which we both know exist then I will!
As I've said before I wasn't posting here dissing anyones product just my opinion but it seems I may have touched a nerve.

Reactions: jimojameso, 5pot, T-800 and 1 other person
Did said person still have the tuning box attached to the car when it was inspected and rejected?

Dyno's are fine for provided an element of data. Let's see some vbox ingear data to see what the real world gains are..... that's what really counts in my book.

Reactions: 5pot, Spaceman_RS3 and DAYTONA 500
Just had my rs3 back from Audi. Have had it for over a week. Had a problem with the turbo boost. They couldn't even find the problem at 1st hence had it over a week. I took my dtuk box off before taking it in. It was only a sensor plug that Wasnt in properly! (I think I must of knocked it out when playing with maps on the box) they didn't ask or question me on anything. I was crapping it lol

Reactions: oldoiler and FBF01
That's encouraging news though that nothing detected or suggested. I'd have one of these boxes in a heartbeat just need to ensure I can keep the car first as may have to sell up with less than 1,000 miles on her :(

What are the different maps on these? Would be good to get an official comment from Abyss on this

Hi, Would any of you guys with the Dtuk tuning box let us know of your experience with the box?
Some of you would have had it for quite a while... how is it working or not working for you?
Thanks.

What are the different maps on these? Would be good to get an official comment from Abyss on this
it depends on the age of the module, as we've made a couple of small changes to the files in the last month or so

Hi, Would any of you guys with the Dtuk tuning box let us know of your experience with the box?
Some of you would have had it for quite a while... how is it working or not working for you?
Thanks.
Stupid value for the money . Very noticeable in daily use. I'm on map 2 and haven't fiddled with it.10 minutes to fit.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Reactions: EdmundVR4
Thanks.

+1. Anybody ?

For those who have been using the DTUK tuning box, or indeed any others, can I ask how they have been performing?

I had one on my Golf R for nearly 20,000 miles with no issues other than slight jerkiness when changing gear at 50% throttle inputs, and was reasonably impressed with the performance of it.

For those who have been using the DTUK tuning box, or indeed any others, can I ask how they have been performing?

I had one on my Golf R for nearly 20,000 miles with no issues other than slight jerkiness when changing gear at 50% throttle inputs, and was reasonably impressed with the performance of it.

All opinions of course, but I have been using the DTUK box now for over a year and no probs. I've had to remove a few times when putting her into stealers and without box on the car felt slower across all gears. When I put back on I would say the mid range uptake is where I notice the most - 3rd gear is just superb when in dynamic!

My previous RS3 had the MTM stage 1 and whilst I didn't have any problems, for the 8V I thought the cost and the risk to warranty too was a bit high.

Each to their own though.

If you want real power, check out Aoon's thread

His car is done for being extreme not a daily driver, big difference. There are many other resonable options to tune your car and stage 1 with a sw file or a tunebox is the most economic way to go. Stage 2 demands already much more hw to do and gives about 30 more horses and of course better 100+ Nm. Stage 3 is not worth it for the most of us depending what your goal are, of course.

All opinions of course, but I have been using the DTUK box now for over a year and no probs. I've had to remove a few times when putting her into stealers and without box on the car felt slower across all gears. When I put back on I would say the mid range uptake is where I notice the most - 3rd gear is just superb when in dynamic!

My previous RS3 had the MTM stage 1 and whilst I didn't have any problems, for the 8V I thought the cost and the risk to warranty too was a bit high.

Each to their own though.

If you want real power, check out Aoon's thread
Aoon's is very impressive although I don't have the time, contacts or resources to go to that level!

I'd just like to free up a bit more power which a proper remap would do, I'm just conscious of warranty.

Reactions: elton121272
Makes me want to get this before I even have the damn car!! :hubbahubba:

****** hell - I wish I hadn't read this now.
Getting car on Saturday and now worried it is slow!

I assume there isn't an actual Audi approved performance enhancement - at any price?

****** hell - I wish I hadn't read this now.
Getting car on Saturday and now worried it is slow!

I assume there isn't an actual Audi approved performance enhancement - at any price?
There's no official enhancement! It's not slow. Just human nature, we always want more!

There's no official enhancement! It's not slow. Just human nature, we always want more!
Yeah.. always get used to the speed of cars.. maybe best to enjoy it stock for a bit.
Speed wise - The only thing i ever owned that I never got used to was a Ducati Panigale motorcycle....

Yeah.. always get used to the speed of cars.. maybe best to enjoy it stock for a bit.
Speed wise - The only thing i ever owned that I never got used to was a Ducati Panigale motorcycle....
Yeah when I get mine I plan on first getting used to the bone stock car and appreciate it for a few months then get the box upgrade.

Reactions: Evotion
On my standard one I got 0-60 in 3.6s at Rockingham so hardly slow! Just FYI re diminishing returns there was a 550hp one there the day before that did it in 2.9s.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

These cars are seriously quick as standard - I mean anything circa 4s was a super car 10-15 years ago!

My mk1 RS3 had MTM stage 1 and even although the mk2 on paper was quicker, after 1k mikes I needed to try the DTUK box.

11k miles on, I'm glad I did and have never looked back - 3rd gear mid range is sooo different from stock.

....must be circa 3.5s now which is in the top 3% of cars on the road.

These cars are seriously quick as standard - I mean anything circa 4s was a super car 10-15 years ago!

My mk1 RS3 had MTM stage 1 and even although the mk2 on paper was quicker, after 1k mikes I needed to try the DTUK box.

11k miles on, I'm glad I did and have never looked back - 3rd gear mid range is sooo different from stock.

....must be circa 3.5s now which is in the top 3% of cars on the road.

great to hear you're enjoying the box :)

Has anyone tried map 1 +3 ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk