8V Front Suspension creaking

ruddocksp

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have an Audi A3 2.0 tdi ,14 plate with just over 10k on it, but noticed recently that there is a creaking coming from the front drivers side of the car, when going over speed bumps slowly with the wheel turned. Sometimes nothing, sometimes the creak.

This is my 3rd 8V model, both others never showed any signs of a similar problem. Just curious if anybody else has experienced this?

It's going in to the dealer in the new year, Aberdeen Audi need a months notice for a loaner (apparently).

Cheers

Needing a month's notice - I'm not sure if that is a reflection on the reliability of Audi cars or on Aberdeen Audi?

Mine does this too. 2.0TDI 184, 14 plate with just over 10k on it. Front does it ever so slightly now and then, but the rear drivers side is more noticeable. Only started a few weeks ago.

Needing a month's notice - I'm not sure if that is a reflection on the reliability of Audi cars or on Aberdeen Audi?

Yeah, bit of joke to be honest, but as the problem isn't urgent I can live with it

In fairness, they could have it in Monday to be seen but only offer a lift home as all cars are booked out and the customer service manager once told me before that the sales team keep selling the cars they use for courtesy cars, so they dont have a huge number to use.

Mine does this too. 2.0TDI 184, 14 plate with just over 10k on it. Front does it ever so slightly now and then, but the rear drivers side is more noticeable. Only started a few weeks ago.

About the same time i noticed, could be more obvious with colder weather, perhaps a rubber bush is dry, made worse with colder weather.

Like I say, mine is predominantly at the rear, but do occasionally hear the front too. First time I heard it I thought it was the exhaust knocking but it's definitely the suspension.

I just reported the same creaking when I dropped the car in for a service on Monday. They couldn't find a fault but have 'greased' some suspension parts. Whatever it is they did I think it helped, haven't heard it since. Whether it's a permanent fix is another matter entirely....

I've had this intermittently on my old car for ages - dealer looked at it twice and couldn't find anything.

I'm sure I subsequently read on here that the problem had been traced to the suspension strut tops or something like that (I'm not technical with cars) and was a known issue. Never bothered chasing it further with the dealer though as the car was going back (and now has). Will see if it re-occurs with the new one but, if it's a known issue, you'd think all new cars now would have it sorted.

Anyone is welcome to collate and post, especially where they have experience or knowledge of the topic :p