8v B&O door wiring

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
Hi.
I’m gathering all the parts to do a B&O retrofit on my s3 saloon. I have an interior loom on the way which has the wiring up to the doors. I had a look last night at the door loom connectors and realised they are a big block with no real space around them to run additional wires into the doors.

So I have a couple of questions.

1. Anyone who has ran additional wires in to the doors.... did you put pins on your speaker wires and utilise the factory door connectors?

2. can I tap in and utilise the existing speaker wire looms that are already in the door for the standard sound system or does it need to be a better grade wire for the B&O?

If you want to run wires from the car side to the doors then you will need to use the door connector block and use the male and female pins.

I figured as much. I’m just trying to find a pin out for said door connectors. There seem to be large pins and small pins. I don’t know which would be best.
Have you any idea if the stock speaker wiring in the door for the Audi sound system is good enough for the B&O speakers?
And do Audi sell the male & female pins required

I don't really deal with the audio side so I couldn't say sorry, lighting side I could help.

I can supply you lengths of wire with the correct pins crimped onto the end if required - if I get chance tonight I will have a look at the wiring diagrams to see if there is any difference in wire size between the 2 systems. Drop me an email with the vin of your A3 - sales@rocketwires.co.uk

I don't really deal with the audio side so I couldn't say sorry, lighting side I could help.

I can supply you lengths of wire with the correct pins crimped onto the end if required - if I get chance tonight I will have a look at the wiring diagrams to see if there is any difference in wire size between the 2 systems. Drop me an email with the vin of your A3 - sales@rocketwires.co.uk
That would be great. I’ll mail you now

Hi How are you getting on with this job, I am interested in doing the same retrofit.

Has it been worth doing?
Did you buy second hand?
Is there much wiring?
Yeah it was well worth it.

Overall, the installation wasn’t that difficult at all.

I purchased the following:

A complete interior loom from eBay.de. €120

A complete 14 speaker set from eBay.de €295

Amplifier from eBay.de €100

Parcel shelf with speaker cut outs (saloon only) eBay.de €100

I also ordered from Audi,
The amp bracket,
Amp cover
Double microphone
Front door speaker grills
Various bolts and screws which you will find listed in the definitive B&O retrofit thread

Thanks for that
Where is this 'definitive B&O retrofit thread' I have searched several times even before I asked on this thread and nothing comes up, I have been to the ICE forum and no one answers there????