8v air con behaviour

scoss

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that on a really hot day like today. When the car has been outside for most of the day, the air con only really gets really going with I start to drive the car. I can feel it getting colder but like I said it doesn’t really kick it action until moving.

I had a recharge about 18 months ago. It will get cold after a while though.

This normally for other 8v owners?

Mine is only a couple of months old and it is nearly the same. Although it does start blowing cold air within a minute even if I am waiting to pull off from the drive. I believe as the car is driven I.e. the revs build up, the aircon compressor runs better. Hence the cooler air once you start driving.

Mine is only a couple of months old and it is nearly the same. Although it does start blowing cold air within a minute even if I am waiting to pull off from the drive. I believe as the car is driven I.e. the revs build up, the aircon compressor runs better. Hence the cooler air once you start driving.

Yeah this makes sense.

Reactions: Chris43
A bit off topic but I noticed the other day how the AC kills the fans if they're running at high speed when you hit the voice button on the steering wheel. Obviously to cut background noise while voice control listens to what you want and does anything but that.

A bit off topic but I noticed the other day how the AC kills the fans if they're running at high speed when you hit the voice button on the steering wheel. Obviously to cut background noise while voice control listens to what you want and does anything but that.

As in it will dial back to fan speed whilst talking? Does it build back up again after?

Yes, as soon as you done talking the fans wind up again. I only noticed it the other day while the AC was working hard to chill the car down when I first got in