8P3 Headlight Wash Retrofit Thread

Darren92

Solutions
Reaction score
Thought this might be useful for those who may attempt this in the future.

Since I fitted my S-Line front end (with now working front PDC and OPS) I thought I may aswell get the headlight washers installed. Done a bit of research and bugged the local VW parts desk and came up with these part numbers;

Washer Bottle w/ headlight pump cutout - 1K0 955 453S

NS Headlight Pump - 8P0 955 101B

OS Headlight Pump - 8P0 955 102B

Headlight Washer Pump - 3B7 955 681

Headlight Water Hose - 1J0 955 964F

Kufatec Loom - http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/au...ght-washer-system-harness-audi-a3-8p-8p-sport

Parts should be here this week or early next so will update with progress.

IMG 6873

Last edited:
I'm interested in this. i've got the parts to do my single grill conversion, the bumper I got came with washers and hoses still on it so I'd like to get it working

I'm interested in this. i've got the parts to do my single grill conversion, the bumper I got came with washers and hoses still on it so I'd like to get it working

Are you doing a 8P2 or 8P3? 8P2 headlight pumps are different part numbers.

8p1 to 8p2. From what I can figure out, I can just get the pump that fits to the washer bottle and the loom, apparently the standard washer bottle has a mark where the cutout for the pump is

It does indeed, but instead of phaffing about I just bought another bottle.

Only difference I see between the 8P2 and 8P3 headlight jet are the two jets themselves, everything else is the same.

You'll need the hose though and VW only sell you it in 5m rolls.

Hopefully it'll be easy enough, the bumper came with the hosing fitted too

Even better then! The wiring doesn't look that difficult either. My parts should be here this week or early next week so will update you when I have it done :)

Since I fitted my S-Line front end (with now working front PDC and OPS) I thought I may aswell get the headlight washers installed. Done a bit of research and bugged the local VW parts desk and came up with these part numbers;

Kufatec Loom - http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/au...ght-washer-system-harness-audi-a3-8p-8p-sport

View attachment 46981

View attachment 46981

View attachment 46981

great work, what bulbs are you using in your DRL's

So all my parts have arrived for the headlight wash but as retrofits never end I sourced and bought a set of LED DRL Bi-xenon headlights :)

i'm back at uni this week so this little project will be on hold for a week or two yet :)

Capture

Anyone been brave enough to cut the holes and mount the flaps into a bumper? I noticed the outline is marked on the rear of the bumper when I had mine off to fit xenons a while back.

Last edited:
Yes I had it done on mine when I first did the prefacelift s-line conversion as my car came with washers and I d bought the s-line bumper that needed the holes cut. have a look at my blog (link in sig) where you can see the work that was done

Nice work :). I was wondering if it would be possible without a respray, but I guess that's asking a bit too much :D.

I've purchased some more miscellaneous parts for this retrofit to make things fit like factory instead of using custom or inferior parts.

Round-up of all parts so far

1 - Kufatec wiring loom with relay - http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/au...ght-washer-system-harness-audi-a3-8p-8p-sport

2 - Headlight washer pump - 3B7 955 681

3 - OS Headlight Pump - 8P0 955 101B

4 - NS Headlight Pump - 8P0 955 102B

5 - Adapter for washer pump onto hose - 1T0 955 665 (x1)

6 - Right angle "elbow" joints - 8E0 955 665 (x3)

7 - Splitter "T-piece" - 8D0 955 873 (x1)

8 - O rings for eblow joint & adapter (x3)

Booked in for my MOT prep, xenon and headlight washer fitment on the 10th March so should give me enough time to collect anymore parts I feel necessary which would help.

IMG 7365

Reactions: wxc and Ceylon
It's not as daunting as some people think. Big cost is the bumper which puts alot of people off.

Can't wait until I have my xenons in, will consider the self levelling further down the line.

All fitted together nicely on Tuesday, I was surprised to learn the pumps are actually mounted under the headlight on the actual headlight bracket rather than on the bumper.

Wired in, coded, washer bottle changed, pump fitted and fill with washer fluid.

Bi-Xenons also fitted, very happy chappy.

IMG 7682
IMG 7683
IMG 7686
IMG 7689
IMG 7691
IMG 7695
IMG 7698
IMG 7712
IMG 7713

Reactions: dp_motley and wxc
Thanks for all the priceless knowledge shared here. I got the link to this thread from Darren92 who replied in my own thread that I started a few days ago, but I thought it would be better if I continued this thread instead of mine.

I visited a local VW dealership yesterday and asked for prices on all the parts mentioned in this thread plus a price for a s-line bumper and bi-xenon headlights. I was blown away after I saw the numbers. I'm going to source used parts off ebay. May I ask you for an advise? I've got a few questions.

1. There are a few producers of the headlights and they have different prices. STARK , DIEDERICHS , JOHNS, VAN WEZEL, HELLA. Are there any pros & cons of buying the bi-xenons off these manufacturers? Should I avoid any of them? Should I choose used OEM headlights over those names (I can't afford the new OEM parts)
2. @Ash187 suggested to get the headlight auto-leveling equipment and I'm going to follow his advise. BUT. Aren't the cars that have the bi-xenon headlights OEM fitted also equipped with the auto-leveling? Can it be bought off a car that is being braked for parts, perhaps off the same seller who sells a bumper? I mean can it be taken off a car or it is fitted the way that prevent its dismantling? Sorry for a dumb question.

Buy genuine OE headlights only either Audi branded or Hella.

For the headlights to function you don't necessarily need the auto levelling, depending on your country's motoring laws, you may need it but in the UK it's not needed.

But what you're saying is correct, if the car has xenon then it will have the levelling system from factory, removing the complete wiring will be an issue but physically removing the level sensors is possible.

Okay. Got it. OE or Hella.

Then a question on the bulbs. Are there specific bulbs I should buy? OE or anything from Trups?

Ballast is another question. Is it a part of a headlight or should it be bought separately?

On the auto leveling system. It's required by law in Denmark, so I need it. I have to go and find their part numbers (according to the image at kufatec it have to be two different pieces). If buying them off breakers was possible, I would only need the loom and the headlight aim range control modul - 1T0 907 357. Am I right?

D3S, I buy genuine bulbs, come with a 2 year warranty, expensive but I don't buy cheap as you can see with all my other retrofits, just not this one.

Ballast is seperate and is part of the headlight, you'll rarely see "complete" headlamps for sale, they're usually bare without the ballast or bulb.

The part number is 8K0 941 597E.

Rather than buy used, I would always buy new when possible but this always doesn't suit everybody. Yes, going by what Kufatec give in their kit, 2x level sensors, loom and the control module.

Before you start, I take it you are aware of how the car's systems work? Do you have access to factory (Elsawin) wiring diagrams and VCDS?
http://www.realoem.me/search/tvn/8K0941597E

The part number is 8K0 941 597E.

Before you start, I take it you are aware of how the car's systems work? Do you have access to factory (Elsawin) wiring diagrams and VCDS?
Thanks. Added the ballast number to the list.

I'm unaware of how the car's system work. I don't have access to Elsawin and VCDS. How much of it should I know and use? I realise I'll need to code the bi-xenon via VCDS. I'd appreciate for any info on it. What should I do with Elsawin?

@Darren92 , did you change the under bumper tray cover support - 8P0807233 (there are options without a letter and with A and B at the end of the number) when you fit the S-line bumper?

Thank you! I didn't tell it yet but I hit my car last week. The bumper, the hood, the wing and the headlight have to be replaced. I decided to upgrade to the xenon and s-line bumper as I have to buy new parts anyway. Just need to find the right part numbers for some parts.

@Darren92 , did you have to buy anything else to fit the headlight pumps or were there a place to fit them on your old SE parts (sorry, I don't know the name of the part you fit the headlights and the pumps?.

Also, how do the headlight pumps work from inside the car? Is any new button necessary?

Your link to the headlight washer harness doesn't work. Is this what we need: https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/headlight-washer-system-harness-vw-audi ?

Last edited:
I received the s-line bumper and the headlights last week (used from Poland) :) Other parts are purchased and coming soon. Kufatec though didn't send me the headlight levelling system and the washer harness yet, despite I ordered them on June 15th. I've got a few new questions and I'd appreciate if anyone could answer them while I'm waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive.

1. How should I route the water hose? Should it go from a pump down to a under bumper trey, then split with a T-piece between two parts just below the right headlight pump, so one part goes to the right pump and another one to the left one? Is that the correct route? Should I fasten the hose to the under bumper trey support with some kind of zip-ties or are there any OEM clips to be used? It would be very helpful to see a picture of the hose fitted and connected to all the pumps, but I can't dream that anyone has it.

2. @Darren92 , did you have to change your CECM to make your bi-xenon headlights work properly? As your pictures suggest, you had a mid-line CECM (fogs + halogens). I read on a golf6 forum that a golf6 needed a high-line CECM to make the bi-xenon and DRL to work and a CECM should be replaced with one with a part number 1K0 937 087 (087 at the end means high-line). Does it apply to an A3 8P too?

There are two plugs on the kufatec washer pump harness. Why? If one connects to a washer pump, where should be connected the second one?
Also, their manual doesn't apply to my vehicle. Here's an excerpt from the manual:

Place the relay above the control unit for central electric
- Red/ White loom to PIN 8 of the relay socket
- Yellow loom to the control unit for central electric – connector D – PIN 8

- Mount the relais socket again
- Gray – Fuse box
- Brown – Ground
- Violett (Water) – 35-pole connector of the instrument cluster PIN 34
– For A3 8P/ TT 8J - 32-pole connector PIN 20

Can anyone help me to find the Pin 8 of the relay socket?
I don't have a D connector on the CECM. There are 3 connectors on a new one. Where did you connect the "yellow loom"? And what is the yellow loom as all the wires are grey?
What is a 32-pole connector of the instrument cluster (I need pin 20 if the manual is of use at all)?

I'd appreciate any advice.

OK, I got all answers from Kufatec. The last question (I hope the last one) is about coding. Can anyone share what and where should be enabled via VCDS?

I'm sorry for so many questions, but I've got one more :)
I was wiring up bi-xenon headlights today and wanted to wire up the headlight washing system as well. I have the kufatec headlight washer set. There are two plugs: one for a headlight washer pump and another for a sensor. But please have a look at a picture. There are the headlight washer pump plug already on my car and the sensor is wired up as well. Should I unplug the OEM harness and use the Kufatec one instead? Or should I just replace the washer bottle with one with the headlight washer pump and re-use the OEM harness and don't bother with the Kufatec one?

I'm confused and need your advice.

Washer tank without headlight washer pump

Ignore my last post. The loose hanging plug is for a fog light. Silly me :)

As my thanks for all the knowledge in this thread, led me do a little contribution in form of a close up picture of the washer bottle with all the hoses attached. The hoses must have the following length (starting from the pump): 460mm, 70mm, 1600mm. The full assembly should look as on the picture below. I hope you find it useful.

A3 8P headlight washer system

OK, I got all answers from Kufatec. The last question (I hope the last one) is about coding. Can anyone share what and where should be enabled via VCDS?
Well, let me answer my own question. If you have a BCM Audi A3 8P (2010-2012, the one with three large 52-pin plugs on a central electric module, not many small ones as on CECM) and need to activate the headlight washer system after retrofitting it, you need to go to the central electric module (09) and check the byte 20 bit 5 (Headlight Washer Installed). Hope it helps.

Could anyone send me the instruction manual for headlight washer system retrofit from Kufatec?

Well, let me answer my own question. If you have a BCM Audi A3 8P (2010-2012, the one with three large 52-pin plugs on a central electric module, not many small ones as on CECM) and need to activate the headlight washer system after retrofitting it, you need to go to the central electric module (09) and check the byte 20 bit 5 (Headlight Washer Installed). Hope it helps.

Hi mate I know this thread is a few years old, but did you ever get the xenons working? I to have the 3 52 pin connectors. Does this mean I need to change it to the other CECM?

Reactions: dp_motley
Hi mate I know this thread is a few years old, but did you ever get the xenons working? I to have the 3 52 pin connectors. Does this mean I need to change it to the other CECM?
I got everything working. I don't remember the details, sorry. But I remember that I bought all parts/cables at Kufatec.

I got everything working. I don't remember the details, sorry. But I remember that I bought all parts/cables at Kufatec.
All good mate, I’ve just got mine in now, but they need wiring into the CECM. If you do come across anything, please shoot me a message. Struggling to find what cable to put in what pin