8p2 Bi-xenon retrofit help, DRL not working

BennyG_UK

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I did the Bi-xenon retrofit quite some time ago but never got the DRL's to work.

I followed all the guides in terms of VCDS coding to no avail.

Ive converted from halogen and used kufatec adapters. If i don't choose bi-xenon in vcds and use the full beam flasher, the bulbs flash as if they're full beam's and the shutter doesn't operate (expected) so I know (or I think) they're wired in correctly.

Ive still got standard headlight switch installed no DRL button.

CE module version below:

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 8P0-907-279-23-H.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 907 279 C HW: 8P0 907 279 C

Everything works apart from the DRL's lol

Any ideas?

Change the switch . ? Could be wrong not looked at the halogen wiring schematic . But on the xenon one there.is a.specific wire for the xenon with drl only.

The switch is the only thing I can think of. I have enabled Scandinavian DRL's so thought this would get around needing the switch.

Its a coding issue. As long as you have wired it all in properly then its not the switch. The DRL switch is not needed to activate the DRLs

Well thats what I was thinking but I've followed all guides in regards to coding and even went through it all to check I have missed any hidden bits to enable etc.

Ok I just noticed something that I missed earlier... You said that you have the C Rev CE module... For bi-xenons you need to have the F or K. C does not have the code for Bi-Xenon

Ok I just noticed something that I missed earlier... You said that you have the C Rev CE module... For bi-xenons you need to have the F or K. C does not have the code for Bi-Xenon

Thats odd as it has all the options there for Bi-xenons. Is it plug and play change over (obviously with coding) or do wires need changing too

No worries will do. Il keep an eye out for a cheap module and take it from there. Cheers pal