8p2 Bi-xenon retrofit help, DRL not working

BennyG_UK

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
Hi Guys,
I did the Bi-xenon retrofit quite some time ago but never got the DRL's to work.

I followed all the guides in terms of VCDS coding to no avail.

Ive converted from halogen and used kufatec adapters. If i don't choose bi-xenon in vcds and use the full beam flasher, the bulbs flash as if they're full beam's and the shutter doesn't operate (expected) so I know (or I think) they're wired in correctly.

Ive still got standard headlight switch installed no DRL button.

CE module version below:

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 8P0-907-279-23-H.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 907 279 C HW: 8P0 907 279 C

Everything works apart from the DRL's lol

Any ideas?

hollows wife

Change the switch . ? Could be wrong not looked at the halogen wiring schematic . But on the xenon one there.is a.specific wire for the xenon with drl only.

BennyG_UK

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
The switch is the only thing I can think of. I have enabled Scandinavian DRL's so thought this would get around needing the switch.

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Its a coding issue. As long as you have wired it all in properly then its not the switch. The DRL switch is not needed to activate the DRLs

BennyG_UK

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
Well thats what I was thinking but I've followed all guides in regards to coding and even went through it all to check I have missed any hidden bits to enable etc.

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Ok I just noticed something that I missed earlier... You said that you have the C Rev CE module... For bi-xenons you need to have the F or K. C does not have the code for Bi-Xenon

BennyG_UK

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
Ok I just noticed something that I missed earlier... You said that you have the C Rev CE module... For bi-xenons you need to have the F or K. C does not have the code for Bi-Xenon

Thats odd as it has all the options there for Bi-xenons. Is it plug and play change over (obviously with coding) or do wires need changing too

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Should be plug and play with coding, but sometimes you get funny errors so take snap shots of your current coding

BennyG_UK

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
No worries will do. Il keep an eye out for a cheap module and take it from there. Cheers pal