8P VCDS changes thread

Does anyone know if i can program my key remote to wind down my 2011 s3 8p windows by holding the unlock button the longer you hold the more the windows wind down and the opposite with the lock botton to raise the windows with the pro version of obdeleven? Sorry if that has already been covered

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Enable it in the comfort opening menu via VCDS. Can’t check where exactly as I no longer have the car, but I enabled it on my 2009 8P.

Reactions: e9_mustii
Just go to menu on your dis and select windows etc, comfort setting.
You dont need VCDS
TBH its a pain in the neck if you park near your house as if you have your keys in your pocket its easy to open the windows while watching TV or whatever and you will not know till next day when you find the car soaking wet inside, peeing with rain and all the windows open...
Ask me how i know ?

Reactions: Badger-a-s, e9_mustii and nluk100
You dont need VCDS
TBH its a pain in the neck if you park near your house as if you have your keys in your pocket its easy to open the windows while watching TV or whatever and you will not know till next day when you find the car soaking wet inside, peeing with rain and all the windows open...
Ask me how i know ?
I had a bmw prior to this that had the same feature so i don't need to ask but i keep my car keys in my room "2nd floor of the house" so it won't have the reach in signal

Hey guys justa quick question was going to code my windows to open and close via the key remote, but noticed i can't get into the control unit for some reason its not responding and can't figure out why, is there something I'm missing which will allow me access into the ECU? Any help is greatly appreciated:)
6ea8da5651c3a6e2c8dddbea36d154e0.jpg

You dont need to code them, just do it via the DIS. menu

On mine i just rotate the DIS to menu.... then select windows

On mine i just rotate the DIS to menu.... then select windows
How do i get in the dis menu im assuming its not the setup button on under the navi? Because i cant find it

A button under the wiper stalk ?

Reactions: Badger-a-s
A button under the wiper stalk ?
Omg never noticed it thanks bud, heres an odd ball tho after installing my puddle light yesterday my one touch setting on the windows stopped and i think my windows now have reverse polarity e.i pulling window tab on the right side upward will lower the window and pushing down will raise it, am i being stupid or is this normal ? I never noticed till now so i can be wrong alao cant reprogram the one touch with window holding down for 5 seconds then hold up for 5 seconds

Its not a 5 second thing its a right up right down then right up.

The little button on the under side selects a mode, the button on the end cycles in the selected mode.

Reactions: Badger-a-s
Its not a 5 second thing its a right up right down then right up.

The little button on the under side selects a mode, the button on the end cycles in the selected mode.
No i mean when you lower window completely and hold for 5-6 seconds and do the exact same with raising the window as ive done before when ive disconnected my battery and it worked

Omg never noticed it thanks bud, heres an odd ball tho after installing my puddle light yesterday my one touch setting on the windows stopped and i think my windows now have reverse polarity e.i pulling window tab on the right side upward will lower the window and pushing down will raise it, am i being stupid or is this normal ? I never noticed till now so i can be wrong alao cant reprogram the one touch with window holding down for 5 seconds then hold up for 5 seconds

Yeah that is now backwards, you need to redo the wiring

Reactions: e9_mustii
Yea i figured it out yesterday i know the wiring was correct, the coding was my weak piont as it was my first time, original code prior to installation was 0000560 and i had changed this to 0000064 which turned the lights on but i didnt check the other functions of windows etc, until next day which reverse polarity'd my switches left ia right up is down etc. . So i thought let me put the old code back in and see what happens (0000560) it restored it to its original state of operation minus the puddle lights. I then tried adding the two numbers together to see what it would do (0000560 + 0000064 = 0000624) and input the new new code which was what i was suppose to initially do, now i have fully working windows and puddle lights.

Hmm I have just received my original VCDS cable and made a first effort to enable DRL’s via fogs on my ‘06 Sportback since I don’t have them in my car. Activated the North American option and DRL’s over fogs in Central Electronics and changed the DRL dimming percentage to 30% since it was set on 0%. Coding got accepted but after starting the car again nothing seems to be changed and the fogs aren’t on. Could it be that my module doesn’t support it even when it’s an option in VCDS and it gets accepted? The fogs are factory fitted.

Have you checked the post at the top of the thread to confirm if you have the correct setup to activate drl’s

Yes I did and as far as I know, it should work for mine, unless I have missed something, can’t get my head around it.

Has you checked that the coding has been saved and it hasn’t reverted back to original.

Have to admit its not something I’ve done. Might have a go this week.

Yep the coding was saved and still is (after a few days). Maybe the module just doesn’t support it, but it’s weird that wherever I search everyone says it works on even older models.

What I didn’t do, is let VCDS fill in the automatic WSC codes and let it use the “stealth” zeroes configuration and the coding was accepted. Could that be the problem as some modules don’t like that or will the coding not be accepted when it doesn’t like that?

Well, I’m maybe on to something but can’t test it right now. I’m reading on some sites that the lights are off when you have the handbrake up, I tested and checked it ofc with the handbrake up lol. Maybe it’s simple as that... I’ll report back when I can test that

Okay the handbrake did the job and now the DRL's are working, but not totally as intended. I have tried to enable both US and Scandinavian DRL's in combination with the DRL over fog option on and it works, but not only over the fogs. Instead every light stays on. Also dimming the DRL's also didn't do anything. Hmm maybe it's out of the module's capabilities, I have the shorter 21 byte one (I think that's shorter?). Or I'm still missing something...

I’m not up on the current rev numbers, more important stuff to remember.

If it’s not genuine, tough. Buy cheap buy twice. I’m out!

Reactions: LEE69
You dont need VCDS
Ask me how i know ?
Same thing happened to me. We had a really bad rain storm overnight. I went out the next morning to find my windows were wide open. Based on my parking situation, the right rear passenger window allowed the most water in. I had nearly 2" of water in the foot well! Thankfully, Audi lined the carpet backing with a waterproof seal. No leakage beneath it. Bailed the water out, soaked up the moisture, and re-treated the seats. Took a full sunny day to finally dry everything out. However, my rear seat bottom was partially ruined. Some parts of the faux leather (leatherette?) near the seat belt sockets went stiff... and no amount of conditioning could restore it. Eventually after a couple hot summers, it started cracking, chipping, and looked really cruddy. Eventually had to replace the rear seat bottom (luckily found a used one in excellent condition, same precise color, for a good price). I disabled the key fob window control function, but after a time I really missed it during summer months. Enabled it again, but now I make sure I keep my keys out of my pockets when I'm home!

I think its more than that TBH. I think its a fault with the system
My car would open its windows regularly so i disabled this but it never unlocks itself and thats a short press of the button where as windows is a press and hold. If it was simply the button getting pressed in your pocket you would expect the thing to be occasionally unlocked ?

I think its more than that TBH. I think its a fault with the system
My car would open its windows regularly so i disabled this but it never unlocks itself and thats a short press of the button where as windows is a press and hold. If it was simply the button getting pressed in your pocket you would expect the thing to be occasionally unlocked ?
If you unlock the car and dont open a door then it locks its self again after a minute or 2

Reactions: paddy
I have 2006 A3 Spotback with 8P0 907 279 F module.

Car has factory installed “ambient” lighting package but I cannot find a way to make Footwell Lights on while driving.

Footwell lights turn on only when the doors are open and then they fade out after few sec.

I have tried with latest VCDS software to code lights to always stay on but I can’t find anything related to footwell lights (beside “footwell lights installed” ) inside VCDS 09 cent. electr.

I cant find inside Byte12 / Bit5 option “Footwell lights with terminal 58d active”

What can I do?

As well as changing settings for retrofits such as cruise control and RNS-E there are certain settings can be changed on 8Ps with VCDS alone.

There are far more options than I have highlighted here but most either have no use, would be detrimental or just seem to have no effect to the car.

Feel free to add more if you know them :thumbsup:

If you don't know what VCDS is then have a read of THIS.

09 - Central Electronics

Long Coding Helper:

Byte 0
Bit 3 - Daytime Running Lights (Scandinavia) active - (DRLs plus tailights)
Bit 4 - Daytime Running Lights (North America) active - (DRLs only)
Bit 5 - Assistance Driving Light _Leaving Home active - (Note 1)
Bit 7 - Coming Home active - (Note 1)
Byte 3
Bit 5 - Teardrop Wiping for Rear Window active - (Single delayed extra wipe after rear wash/wipe)
Byte 5
Headlight Washer Delay - (? x 50 = delay (ms)) - (Useful in the winter so you're not washing your headlights every 5 minutes)
Byte 8
Bit 7 - Daytime Running Light (DRL) Deactivation while Blinking active - (Turns off or dims (8P3) the DRL whilst indicating)
Byte 17
Bit 0 - Emergency Brake Flash Light active - (Hazards on when emergency braking)
Bit 4 - Daytime Light via Fog Lights - (For models without DRLs)
Bit 5 - Front Fog Lights deactivated with high beam
Byte 22
Bit 1 - DRLs switchable via menu - (Note 2)
Byte 23
Bit 1 - Advanced Comfort Menu active - (Note 2)
17 - Instruments

Coding:

xxxxx?x
0 = Seatbelt Warning Inactive
xxxxxx?
0 = Needles OFF and Scales Off
1 = Needles ON and Scales Off
2 = Needles OFF and Scales ON
3 = Needles ON and Scales ON (Dimming active)
4 = Needles ON and Scales ON
44 - Steering Assist

Adaptation:

Channel 001 - Steering Assistance - (For some models before 2008)

46 - Central Convenience

Long Coding Helper:

Byte 0
Bit 0 - Selective Central Locking (Single Door Opening)
Bit 3 - Auto-Unlock (Unlocking after removing key from ignition)
Bit 4 - Auto Lock (Automatic locking from 15Km/h)
Byte 5
Bit 6 - Comfort Function automatic closure - (The button doesn't need to be held down to close the windows/sunroof)
Bit 7 - Power Windows/Sunroof disabled after door opening - (Note 3)
Byte 6
Bit 2 - Comfort opening Power Windows via Remote Control
Bit 5 - Comfort closing Power Windows via Remote Control
Byte 7
Bit 5 - Comfort closing Sunroof via Remote Control
Byte 8
Bit 0 - Unlocking Confirmation (Blink) via Door Locks
Bit 1 - Unlocking Confirmation (Horn) via Door Locks (Note 4)
Bit 2 - Unlocking Confirmation (Blink) via Remote Control
Bit 3 - Unlocking Confirmation (Horn) via Remote Control
Bit 7 - Horn Configuration Blocked - (Deselect to make changes)
Byte 9
Bit 0 - Locking Confirmation (Blink) via Door Locks
Bit 1 - Locking Confirmation (Horn) via Door Locks
Bit 2 - Locking Confirmation (Blink) via Remote Control
Bit 3 - Locking Confirmation (Horn) via Remote Control
Byte 10
Bit 6 - Synchronised Mirror Adjustment - (Control both with driver setting and passenger only on passenger)
Bit 7 - Mirror Lowering with Reverse Gear (Only with memory seats) - (So far no one has done it)
Notes

Note 1 - CH and LH lights can be enabled on models with Bi-Xenons with just coding. For other models read THIS or for models with LED DRLs read THIS.

Note 2 - Advanced Comfort Menu allows certain settings to be changed via the DIS. These are as follows:
-Ext Lights

-Daytime Lights - (DRLs On/Off)
-Coming Home - (Time delay 0 to 60 seconds in 5 second increments)
-Leaving Home - (On/Off only. Delay can be adjusted in adaptations. Default 30 seconds)
-Wipers

-Front - (Service position On/Off)
-Rear - (Automatic on in Reverse On/Off)
Note 3 - This function works in reverse on my car. With this selected I can still open and close my windows once the door has been opened.

Note 4 - Enables alarm beeps when unlocking and/or locking the car.

Useful Links

http://en.openobd.org/audi/a3_8p.htm

http://oooo-a3.blogspot.com/

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Main_Page

Hey mate writing all the way from South Africa, own an Audi S3 8p 2011 sport back
Please can someone tell me if you can adjust the brightness of DRL’s to 100% when in side light mode (drl dim mode) ?? And a link to assist of some sort, can’t seem to find the assistance on this .

I'm having difficulty getting my NA (I live in the US) 2013 Audi A3 8p (I think 2013 Audi A3 is 8V in the EU, as we didn't have an A3 in hatchback form in 2014) "fog lights" to act as brake lights.

Context:
Both of my tail lights cracked for some unknown reason (no impact.. could be temperature?). I replaced them, and I guess I purchased EU versions, because now there's an amber turn signal where a red brake/turn signal used to be. In NA cars, I think the brake and turn signals are the same.

So the quick solution was to just change the bulb to red. But, I thought the amber looked pretty cool. So I purchased OBDEleven pro, and was able to change "Byte 18" under central electronics to from "62" to "2C," and now the amber lights only light up when I use the turn signal, and don't light up when I hit the brakes. But now, the other tail lights don't light up when I use the turn signal. I guess that's ok.

What is not ok is the fact that the inner lights no longer work. I looked everywhere on the internet, and saw they are referred to as "fog lights" in the EU. I don't have a EU light switch to turn them on regardless. Anyways, those lights are now doing nothing. I would like them to turn on as brake lights.

According to here, turning Byte 21 bit 4 to 1 will do this, but this did not work.
@FredrikA3 made that site (very supremely useful, thank you SO much for taking the time to make it!).

How do I make it work? I think Byte 4 has an option to deactivate the rear fog lights (bits 4 and 6); but all sorts of combinations of 1/0 on these bits have yielded nothing.

I'm at a complete loss as to what to do.

I did the tweaks posted in the first post, but I couldn't figure out how to open the roof (cabrio) with the remote key. Everything seems to be correctly programmed, but only the windows respond to the key fob commands. I checked adaptation and enabled the comfort menu for the DIS. In the DIS settings, only automatic windows is shown.
Is the sunroof of a hatachback a different thing than a softtop roof of a cabrio in terms of coding and control?

Reactions: Mr_Dude
I did the tweaks posted in the first post, but I couldn't figure out how to open the roof (cabrio) with the remote key. Everything seems to be correctly programmed, but only the windows respond to the key fob commands. I checked adaptation and enabled the comfort menu for the DIS. In the DIS settings, only automatic windows is shown.
Is the sunroof of a hatachback a different thing than a softtop roof of a cabrio in terms of coding and control?

Yes, a totally different thing.
There’s no way to remotely open /close the roof on a cabriolet without buying a proprietary module that you have to wire in , like this item ……..this one is expensive , there are cheaper versions available on eBay etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: FPSUsername
Hi All. Have recently purchased a 2012 S3 and have noticed that a previous owner has coded the front fog lights to be on all the time, i'm presuming as DRL's even though my car has them anyway. The difference i have noticed is that both DRL and front fogs are always on if the light switch is in the off position or DRL position - the sidelights and headlights positions switch the fogs off. The strange thing i have noticed over anything i have managed to find online is that the DRL and Fogs only come on when the handbrake is released, once the hand brake is applied they turn off again. Did anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.