8P VCDS changes thread

Right, not used my vag com for 5 years since the S3 arrived however now i need it and i have the dongal still but not the program as it was on an ancient Vista lap top.
Whats the score ? can i download the program anywhere or do i have to buy it again. Seem to remember i bought the dongal off Nigel when i had my A3 3.2
Any help appreciated :)

Right, not used my vag com for 5 years since the S3 arrived however now i need it and i have the dongal still but not the program as it was on an ancient Vista lap top.
Whats the score ? can i download the program anywhere or do i have to buy it again. Seem to remember i bought the dongal off Nigel when i had my A3 3.2
Any help appreciated :)
You just need to download the software :) I borrowed a friends cable and just downloaded the software and installed the drivers.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/index.php

Regards, Danny.

Reactions: paddy and Sandra
Cheers Danny
Now i know i can still get the program i will go and buy another laptop :)

Reactions: Dannymoto and Sandra
I was looking at this at the weekend. I have my VCDS on the old laptop but want it on the new one as the battery on the old one isn't up to a trip down the driveway.
I thought, (maybe mistakenly), that I had to fill out a form to remove from one to the other, all available on the Ross-Tech site.
I also read that the newer cables should, upload the software when you plug into the cars port.
Not had time to try it yet.

Yup, the license key for VCDS is part of the official cable, so will activate latest copy of the software without issues.

Reactions: Jake 61
Thanks for the reply, but there isn't tick boxes everytime is there?

For example see the pic below. So according to the guide above, 'Bit 7' in Byte 0 is a 1. Is that right? It's just a bit confusing counting the bits when coding, and I want to make sure I'm doing it right, and changing the right bits.

Untitled.jpg
Could a kind person please post the picture (like the above) on how to set the Alarm chirp on the door lock-unlocking please? A3 Sports hatch 2014 model.
Massive thanks in advance

Could a kind person please post the picture (like the above) on how to set the Alarm chirp on the door lock-unlocking please? A3 Sports hatch 2014 model.
Massive thanks in advance
You should probably try the 8V section, as 8P is a bit different.

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Is there a definitive list of what I can activate on my car. It's a Audi A3 2.0 TFSI 2005 (8P?). Will be purchasing VCDS when the car is delivered but if I am actually unable to activate anything I might give it a miss.
Thanks guys
Ruhel.

The list of things you can change will depend on your particular car as which options is came with will dictate what can be done. What specifically do you want to activate?

Last edited:
The list of things you can change will depend on your particular car as which options is came with will dictate what can be done. What specifically do you want to activate?
To me honest the car is being delivered Wednesday and I hope to have VCDS by then. I don't actually has a need to activate anything but like the needle sweep and reverse mirror drop. Windows to go up when doors locked and to activate a new key without having to pay AUDI £300.

To me honest the car is being delivered Wednesday and I hope to have VCDS by then. I don't actually has a need to activate anything but like the needle sweep and reverse mirror drop. Windows to go up when doors locked and to activate a new key without having to pay AUDI £300.

I think the needle sweep can only be done on the facelift model which was in 2009 IIRC. The reverse mirror drop can only be activated if you have automatic mirrors but even then I don't think it's possible on the 8P pre facelift. The Windows going up feature can defo be activated because my car has that function (also 06 A3). Key activation I'm not sure about lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the needle sweep can only be done on the facelift model which was in 2009 IIRC. The reverse mirror drop can only be activated if you have automatic mirrors but even then I don't think it's possible on the 8P pre facelift. The Windows going up feature can defo be activated because my car has that function (also 06 A3). Key activation I'm not sure about lol

Thanks for letting me know. I saw a youtube video of a guy doing the needle mod on a 2005 model like mine but ill take your word for it. The bleeps and windows would be welcome though.
Ruhel

Thanks for letting me know. I saw a youtube video of a guy doing the needle mod on a 2005 model like mine but ill take your word for it. The bleeps and windows would be welcome though.
Ruhel

Did he? I may be wrong then, someone who's more knowledgable will confirm for sure Ruhel.

More likely he stated the wrong model and year in the video!!

Nope. You are right. Says he changed his instrument cluster!! Oh man. Well I can activate other stuff.

Yes those are the facelift clocks, maybe he put them in to a pre facelift and got it activated or maybe it's just a facelift and he wrongly described it as you said lol

I have a 59 plate 2.0 TDi Black Edition, would this be possible, as I read earlier in the thread it's only for S3's?
I have the Black and White DIS Display?

I have a 59 plate 2.0 TDi Black Edition, would this be possible, as I read earlier in the thread it's only for S3's?
I have the Black and White DIS Display?

Yes I think you're right mate. I just had a quick read too and seems it's only on S3/RS3.

Nigel,

For info, I have enabled the wing mirror dip when ptting car into reverse. I have also enabled the needle sweep.

Can any modules/parts be used from an A4 in the A3? If anyone knows the answer, you will :yes:

What model did you have? I'd really like to do this for my 2006 8P2!

Can anyone give me some coding help please ? I've gone a fair bit of digging around but can't find what I want.

Car is an 07 A3 8p TFSI Quattro. I am using VCDS 15. I would like to know how to code the following:

1.Enable door warning lights
2. Enable puddle lights
3. Enable footwell lights

I have also fitted an RNSE2 & a multi function flat bottom steering wheel, what do I need to make the controls work ?

Thanks in advance

Can anyone give me some coding help please ? I've gone a fair bit of digging around but can't find what I want.

Car is an 07 A3 8p TFSI Quattro. I am using VCDS 15. I would like to know how to code the following:

2. Enable puddle lights

I have also fitted an RNSE2 & a multi function flat bottom steering wheel, what do I need to make the controls work ?

Thanks in advance

How much digging did you do exactly? There is a link 5 posts above which answers most of your questions.
http://www.lightnings.dk/vcds_en.html

No it doesn't I've read thro his stuff

2. Enable puddle lights

Thanks in advance
Might want to update your VCDS version also.

Am on 17.1 now but 15 should have been good enough to do it

Hi guys , is there any tutorials on vcds goin about , interested in getting into it

Hello
is there anyone out there who can help out with coding Bluetooth on an A3? Or possess a diagnostic cable for rent,
something like a ross tech hex-can type. I am based in Sydney, so some local guy would be great.

Look forward to a reply.

Mong

Hi can anyone help, trying to find out if we can update the MMI & Maps on my mates 2014 Q5 or will it have to go through Audi?

I've attached his current versions from the cars MMI.

Appreciate any help

Cheers

Attachments

• 20180421_104844.jpg
    20180421_104844.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 406
Anyone know if it’s possible to change the vcds for one touch open/closure so that you don’t have to hold down the button to open & close the panoramic roof on a 8P sportback?

Anyone know if it’s possible to change the vcds for one touch open/closure so that you don’t have to hold down the button to open & close the panoramic roof on a 8P sportback?
I’ve got VCDS and I’ve activated comfort closing to my car.
This means:
If I have windows and sunroof open and want to lock up I press the lock button on the remote keyfob and keep button depressed until the windows and roof start closing .....once they start moving I can let go of the keyfob and the windows & sunroof continue to close until fully shut.....
If car is fully locked (ie doors locked, all windows and sunroof shut) and I press the unlock button on remote and keep it depressed the windows start opening for as long as the unlock button is held down.
As soon as I release the unlock button, the windows will cease to open.
At no stage will the sunroof open using the key-fob, only the windows.
Therefore for my car (A3 TDI 2007 model year as per signature below) I believe this shows it has comfort closing for everything but no comfort opening .
Hope this makes sense!

I’ve got VCDS and I’ve activated comfort closing to my car.
This means:
If I have windows and sunroof open and want to lock up I press the lock button on the remote keyfob and keep button depressed until the windows and roof start closing .....once they start moving I can let go of the keyfob and the windows & sunroof continue to close until fully shut.....
If car is fully locked (ie doors locked, all windows and sunroof shut) and I press the unlock button on remote and keep it depressed the windows start opening for as long as the unlock button is held down.
As soon as I release the unlock button, the windows will cease to open.
At no stage will the sunroof open using the key-fob, only the windows.
Therefore for my car (A3 TDI 2007 model year as per signature below) I believe this shows it has comfort closing for everything but no comfort opening .
Hope this makes sense!
Yeah it does thanks. Had a play about with vcds today and I’m managed to open the windows and retract panoramic roof with key fob whilst holding down on the unlock button. Also holding down lock button on fob everything closes but everything stops when I let got of the fob even though I have comfort closing ticked in vcds

Yeah it does thanks. Had a play about with vcds today and I’m managed to open the windows and retract panoramic roof with key fob whilst holding down on the unlock button. Also holding down lock button on fob everything closes but everything stops when I let got of the fob even though I have comfort closing ticked in vcds

I guess we have different convenience modules in our cars as I’ve definitely got comfort closing of everything but can’t open the pan roof remotely.
I’ve found too that ticking some boxes in VCDS doesn’t always activate something , again think it’s down to the generation of the various modules etc fitted to the car.

I guess we have different convenience modules in our cars as I’ve definitely got comfort closing of everything but can’t open the pan roof remotely.
I’ve found too that ticking some boxes in VCDS doesn’t always activate something , again think it’s down to the generation of the various modules etc fitted to the car.
I’ve no idea, it blows my mind all this :grinning: Cheers for your help though :thumbs up:

Guys can somebody help me with a3 2010 sportback and coding to get horn when locking car one notice i dont have alarm in my car so is it possible to code the car to use standard car horn when lock/unlock with keyfob...
Somebody tried already to code and i get even that option in dis but it doesnt work...
I am getting fault in vcds and carista alarm horn h12 01134 but i dont have alarm in car...
Any info ?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if i can program my key remote to wind down my 2011 s3 8p windows by holding the unlock button the longer you hold the more the windows wind down and the opposite with the lock botton to raise the windows with the pro version of obdeleven? Sorry if that has already been covered

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk