8P VCDS changes thread

I only need to confirm I'm counting the bits correctly.

Are you using lcode directly to create a coding before connecting to the car or long coding connected to the car, cause the latter should for that CE module show the tick boxes no problems.

Not 100% sure.

I think it's the long coding. I connected to the car, and clicked on 'Long Coding Helper' (or 'Long Code Helper', something like that)

I only have that screen shot as I took it so I had a reference to change back if it all went wrong. lol.

Ah well if its connected to the car then certainly you should see the tick boxes, there was a bug where some modules didnt show the tick boxes/descriptions, try uninstalling vcds & reinstalling & see if they show up on the 1st usage, if so then come out & go back in & see if it still shows up the correct info, if not then this is the bug, only 1st time you went into modules it showed the info correctly, I had same issue on my conv module, updated to newer module & problem went, but I sent my old module into RT to track down the problem as I wasnt alone.

What version of 10.6 are you using, are you using the latest?

Ah OK thanks for the information.

It doesn't really matter to me about the tick boxes as its just as easy changing a 0 to a 1 than it is clicking a box. So I'd still like to know if 'Bit 0' refers to the 1st digit and therefore 'Bit 7' the last?

I already advised this in post 40.

Does anyone have any similar info for a MY11 8P3? Just had a look at mine and the long coding helper bears no resemblance to the options listed above. I know that controller 46 was assimilated into 9 in recent models so I suspect this has changed everything.

My MY09 8P3? has exactly the same long coder as that....not matched the codes up persoanlly but it looks the same from that snap

Do you have the Comfort System on channel 46? It seems that the latest cars don't have this - it's all been merged into the Central Electronics on channel 9 instead. Seems this isn't all 8P3 models but only the very latest MY10/11 cars.

Its been staggered across the year as with most chassis facelifts, hence why some 8P3 models have older modules/wiring.

So this module is how you tell what wiring you have? makes sense really as they always phase out old parts across the facelifts

Yeap, my 54 car had wiring for a facelift pump but had older pump, hence why I had to upgrade for the white dis.

Great thread, got a very generous guy looking at my new 8P tongiht :icon_thumright:

I'm just going to make this thread a sticky for a week or so just to let people know this type of thing exists!

Tried to click on the VCDS map but it gives me this "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

You need to advise of the module, coding used, year of car etc

Vcds1Vcds3 2005 2.0 tdi 140 dsg

Try using the actual release version 11.11.5, instead of the beta version.

I vaguely remember reading when I first got my car that it was possible to adjust the weight of the power steering. I've had a quick search and this thread was the most useful discovery. Can anyone confirm if my memory is correct and if so what's the prodecure required for adjustment?

09 - Central Electronics

Long Coding Helper:

Byte 0
Bit 3 - Daytime Running Lights (Scandinavia) active - (DRLs plus tailights)

This is not an option for me.

Byte 0 is all to do with unlocking.

Any ideas?

Reactions: Rob Conroy
Hi guys,
Was wondering if anyone can help me with this..

On my vehicles manual book i saw a "gear change indicator" and that it can be turned off. I think either mines been turned of by one of the previous owners'. Wondering if this could be coded to display it on my DIS?
I have an A3 8P (2007)

For the Chap who created this thread!
A few people was un aware you can also change the Alarm Beeping ( 10 tamper alarms ) to a Alarm Siren too. its much better!

Reactions: audis3UK
If you can give more info, in the format of the original post, I will update it.

If anyone has any vcds mods that are not already on this thread, please feel free to add in here.
Thanks

Reactions: lea323ci
Things I would like to know;

09 S3

Mirrors to fold in when lock button on key fob pressed down
Mirrors to fold downwards when reversing
Cornering lights via the front fog lights
Two rear fog lights
Hill hold

That's all I can think of for now....

To answer:

No
No
Yes via coding
No if 3dr without using lhd rear lense & additional wiring, along with adding separate reverse light
Yes/No, subject to abs module fitted, coding required to test.

Last edited:
Do you know the steps to enable cornering lights via the fog lights..?

And what about hill hold, I've heard this depends on various things..?

Updated about hill hold, oops.

If you code it and it doesn't work etc, Can you just simply code it back..?

From what I can see my control module is 1AT MK60 EC1 if that means anything..?

I was having a gander on the a5oc forum and seen a thread about vagcom tricks so thought let me check on the Audi-sport forum and hey presto it exists! The only thing is I need to find someone to enable some of these tricks lol brilliant thread!

Is there a single thread that covers all VCDS / VAG-COM coding for the 8p? Or am I looking in the wrong area?

Does this really cover everything.? Have noticed a few others not in here, hence asking
Feel free to add any mods that are not listed

Reactions: Mujnu