8P VCDS changes thread

I had a bmw prior to this that had the same feature so i don't need to ask but i keep my car keys in my room "2nd floor of the house" so it won't have the reach in signal

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Ditto but it was a convertible! Yikes.

Autofolding mirrors on key fob can now be done on the S3 8P moddels , firstly u have to have 1 correct door module Drivers side ending with Letter M or P.
Then u will have to get some1 who is familiar with VCP coding as certian Hex parts have to be changed which will flash door module allowing it to tell mirrors to close on keyfob and ooen on Ignition.
How it is done i dont know as i bought a module already done from a guy on Ebay around 2/3yrs ago and it has worked flawlessly and i have no error codes

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Has anyone figured out if you can make your third brake light on the s3 8p (under the boot spoiler) flash during normal braking instead of the original flashing with hazards when you slam on the brakes.

Basicly im after the F1 style black light flash when braking normally on my spoiler tail light
If it can be done via vcds or maybe an adapter loom otherwise i may retrofit one into my rear diffuser

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Seascout
You absolute legend ive never soend £5 so quick in my life lol, have you done this yourself ?

If u do it could u do a step by step as i would fancy doing this mod too . Cheers ears

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: e9_mustii
You absolute legend ive never soend £5 so quick in my life lol, have you done this yourself ?

No, I haven't, see what yours goes like first.
Open the boot, pull off the trim under the brake light a bit, no need to remove it all.

You'll see the brake light loom, splice into that, tidy up, job done.

No, I haven't, see what yours goes like first.
Open the boot, pull off the trim under the brake light a bit, no need to remove it all.

You'll see the brake light loom, splice into that, tidy up, job done.
Lool so im the guinea pig of the mod, hopefully it wont catch fire then
Ill do it on the weekend after it arrived qnd post it here for future ref.

Lool so im the guinea pig of the mod, hopefully it wont catch fire then
Ill do it on the weekend after it arrived qnd post it here for future ref.

Yeah only know as I replaced my 3rd light for mot lol

I have 2006 A3 Spotback with 8P0 907 279 F module.

Car has factory installed “ambient” lighting package but I cannot find a way to make Footwell Lights on while driving.

Footwell lights turn on only when the doors are open and then they fade out after few sec.

I have tried with latest VCDS software to code lights to always stay on but I can’t find anything related to footwell lights (beside “footwell lights installed” ) inside VCDS 09 cent. electr.

I cant find inside Byte12 / Bit5 option “Footwell lights with terminal 58d active”

What can I do?

I have a 2013 US so this may not work, but after I installed Robin’s footwell kit and did the proper coding to enable this, I still had to go into the menu to change the brightness level from 0%. Go to Menu:Set:Lights:Interior Lights:Footwell:Brightness level. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So.i finally put in the taillight strobe kit thanks to the link @LEE69, ordered it instantly but let it sit on my desk for like forever cause of current workload and ****** weather
Will make a write up for it but unsure if i should post it in here or make a separate thread, let me know what i should do

So.i finally put in the taillight strobe kit thanks to the link @LEE69, ordered it instantly but let it sit on my desk for like forever cause of current workload and ****** weather
Will make a write up for it but unsure if i should post it in here or make a separate thread, let me know what i should do

@ch1z64 *Poke*

Which kit was that?

Got this ages ago and bench tested on regular 12V led strip but it flashes like 3 or 5 times only to come on static afterwards.
Unless I have different one, it will not flash only.

Also, not to spoil everyones joy, not sure how MOT tester will look at it. Could be fail but guess majority of us here already going to friendly garage so it could be

Sent from my Huawei P30 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: e9_mustii
Hi All! New here, and while I have tried searching, please forgive me if I what I ask has already been answered.

In VCDS, is there any way to code the front fog lights to turn on when the switch is set to Auto (ie. front fog lights come on with the dipped/low beam headlights)? If not, anyone happen to know if it is feasible to wire them to be controlled through a separate relay & switch or some better alternative to get this working?

Hi All! New here, and while I have tried searching, please forgive me if I what I ask has already been answered.

In VCDS, is there any way to code the front fog lights to turn on when the switch is set to Auto (ie. front fog lights come on with the dipped/low beam headlights)? If not, anyone happen to know if it is feasible to wire them to be controlled through a separate relay & switch or some better alternative to get this working?

Why would you want this?​

this is the rules around fog lights if you didn’t get this when learning to drive.​

Rule 236​

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

Why would you want this?​

this is the rules around fog lights if you didn’t get this when learning to drive.​

Rule 236​

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.
Guess I had to have my first poor interaction here sooner or later, and you get the honor of being "that guy." Maybe if I peel back the snarky overtones in your response, you are actually trying to help in a way... Anyhow, I guess I'll keep Rule 236 in mind if I ever install a duck boat mod on my A3 to drive over from the US to the UK :drag:

While there may be a handful of states in the US with similar laws to the aforementioned Rule 236, there is no such federal law here in the US, so in my state I am well with my legal rights to leverage them as I see fit. Also, that's how cars are sold here in the US - pretty much every car I have owned to date allowed for the option to have the fog lights illuminate automatically with the dipped/low lights. When fog lights are aimed correctly, they are aimed considerably lower than the low/dipped lights because their functional purpose, regardless of weather, is to illuminate the road itself just ahead of you, while the low/dipped lights are intended to illuminate further ahead and the highs aimed even higher still to illuminate even further ahead. Not to get too far off topic here, but given fog lights are aimed lower than the low/dipped lights, wouldn't those be more likely to "dazzle" you well before any fog lights would?

As for rear fogs, those are hardly a thing here in the US - definitely not required under any condition. Might see it on the Euro cars, but it's hardly ever enabled/equipped for US-destined vehicles since we don't have any requirement for them.

Hopefully knowing I reside in the lawless US quells the conscious of anyone who actually has an answer to my question, but may be holding back for fear of becoming an accomplice to my wicked Rule 236 violating ways :angrymod: :eiertritt:

post a pic of your light switch. Nobody I have ever read about on this forum for over a decade has done this. i assume its possible to bridge the wires activating the fogs with the auto setting but no reference to show. I just turn my fogs on when I need them. I have de auto LED 4 function fog lights and frequently use them with the low beams if needed for illumination. I have white and yellow along with strobe and flash modes so yes I can be very obnoxious and dazzling but I refrain. My light switch has both front and rear fog option

post a pic of your light switch. Nobody I have ever read about on this forum for over a decade has done this. i assume its possible to bridge the wires activating the fogs with the auto setting but no reference to show. I just turn my fogs on when I need them. I have de auto LED 4 function fog lights and frequently use them with the low beams if needed for illumination. I have white and yellow along with strobe and flash modes so yes I can be very obnoxious and dazzling but I refrain. My light switch has both front and rear fog option
20220420 220512935 iOS

Pic as requested - I would think that it should just pull out for fogs, but it doesn't pull out when set to Auto.

Yeap I know the switch. That’s switch dormant work the way you want no any 8p switch for that matter. You can activate fog lights with drl so they are always on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autocorrect sucks sorry but you get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha - No problem! But yeah, given the switch itself doesn't provide the solution, this is why I am looking into other alternatives. I also had never seen anything for it in VCDS threads here or elsewhere, but figured it was at least worth asking since I never saw it brought up. If I can't get the switch to behave as expected with VCDS, maybe I'll see if I can either "delete" the fogs in VCDS or code them as LEDs to avoid any CAN bus errors, then rewire them up to a physical switch with a relay that can trigger power on based on another line being energized. IDK - just trying to think through how to pull it off.

For the Chap who created this thread!
A few people was un aware you can also change the Alarm Beeping ( 10 tamper alarms ) to a Alarm Siren too. its much better!
Does anyone have a video of all sounds?

Apologies for the bump, thanks.