8p tdi manual to auto/dsg/s tronic conversion

dannyboygti

Reaction score
as above folks is it possible to convert the car from manual to dsg/s tronic ?

What is needed for the conversion?

What kinda of price am i looking at of anyone knows?

Ive thought about buying another a3 but i love my sb as its very high spec and drives spot on just wish i had gone for auto in the end

I was just going to say it'll be easier and cheaper to sell and buy a DSG car...you'll never see that money back since DSG is quite popular in the A3.

@DeckedS3 did a conversion on his S3...search for his thread

Like most things,it can be done,but it will be costly.

As Sayam suggests,have a look at Decked's thread and see the costs and pitfalls.

thanks guys I've thought about buying another car with dog already but chances of getting 1 with the stuff mine has and being as clean as mine isn't likely from what I've seen looking about :(

thanks guys I've thought about buying another car with dog already but chances of getting 1 with the stuff mine has and being as clean as mine isn't likely from what I've seen looking about :(

Well it's certainly possible, Decked proved that...and it is a better box, I love mine so if you want to do it, go for it!

As they say, it's possible. I converted mine for similar reasons. If you can source a gearbox, pedals, shifter and steering wheel cheaply, everything else is nice and cheap :tearsofjoy:

Wiring and ECU flash is painful but easy enough if you know what you're doing.

Reactions: Sayam
decked have you any kind of guides or anything for doing the conversion and exact part list at all ? thanks

decked have you any kind of guides or anything for doing the conversion and exact part list at all ? thanks

Not really, I basically found an identical car to mine, same year with all the same options plus s-tronic then did comparisons in Etka, Elsawin & VAS to create a list of hardware I needed to buy, including cables that needed added (from where to where) & software that needed changing.

Best place to start is probably here as others were doing it along the way with me.

Reactions: S3Alex
Hi decked... im just starting out on my dsg into a t4 fun.

Any chance i could ask a few questions pls

Hi decked... im just starting out on my dsg into a t4 fun.

Any chance i could ask a few questions pls

Best to send him a PM as he may not see this as the thread is over 4 years old.