8P subwoofer / speaker installation manual

henkkeumus

Dutch Retrofitfanatic
Reaction score
Hey,

My A3 came with the Chorus sound package, so no sub and rear speakers...
I already got the parts and connectors but don't know how to hook them up. A few Google searches came to the user 'AndyMac'. He made a manual but unfortunatly it isn't available anymore on the original URL;

http://no3ntry.cozywebhost.com/andymac/AMSS_8P_Installation_Manual.pdf

Does somebody got the manual saved on their PC?
Unfortunatly I can't contact Andy himself as I read on his profile that he passed away in June 2013..

I got a 5-door A3 from 2011. If somebody could tell me how to safely remove the covers in the boot and wire the BLAUPUNKT subwoofer to my RNS-E HU and backdoor speakers/tweeters I'm also happy and helped :).

My understanding is that the non-Bose audio option has rear speakers and a 'subwoofer' which all runs of an amp and the front end and centre runs of the RNS?

Reactions: henkkeumus
My understanding is that the non-Bose audio option has rear speakers and a 'subwoofer' which all runs of an amp and the front end and centre runs of the RNS?
Indeed, the rear speakers and tweeter are powered off the build-in amp of the Blaupunkt subwoofer.

The only thing I need (want to know) is what looms (colors) are going to the RNSe and what will go to the speakers and tweeters.

Ive cut the original sub connector from the donor car but havent got any luck finding a diagram..

fd0090948450e169e6f5b6a9c2dc0fb8.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk

I've got a copy of it. PM me your email address.

Can't seem to find the PM button (I'm new on the forum, is there a posting quota before this function becomse active for me?)
Just send it to my spam/forum address, let me know when you've send it and then I will check the inbox.

henkkeumusaudi@gmail.com

Greatly appreciated mate, thanks!

Elsawin.

Use correct gauge wires of course.

Hey guys, could you send that to me? I'm trying to wire my old subwoofer into a different car (I'm a broke student), but I'm not having any luck figuring out which wire does what. I have exactly the same loom as the one pictured above but no clue what the colours translate to. Cheers

Can't seem to find the PM button (I'm new on the forum, is there a posting quota before this function becomse active for me?)
Just send it to my spam/forum address, let me know when you've send it and then I will check the inbox.

henkkeumusaudi@gmail.com

Greatly appreciated mate, thanks!

Hey guys, could you send that to me? I'm trying to wire my old subwoofer into a different car (I'm a broke student), but I'm not having any luck figuring out which wire does what. I have exactly the same loom as the one pictured above but no clue what the colours translate to. Cheers

The manual doesn't state how to connect. It's more a DIY subwoofer box for the A3 8P (3 door).
What radio do you have, maybe I can help you out.

Nono I'm trying to install the sub into another car, but i have no idea what the wire colours translate to.

So you have a Concert radio?, that means you have a Blaupunkt subwoofer with the blue connector shown above in this thread. The pinout for the subwoofer is as follows:

Things I didnt note down are the CAN connections. If you want to connect CAN HI and CAN LO you need to add wires in the holes above pin 9 and 10. The hole above PIN 9 is CAN-Hi and the hole above 10 is CAN-Lo obviously. Splice them into the infotainment rails behind your radio :).

123123.png

I made a post how to upgrade to a Audi Sound System, much info and pinouts are listed in there. Worth a read mate ;)

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-upgrade-to-audi-bose-sound-system.416891/

Thanks, bit i don't show the PM button. How can i send PM?