8p s3 to v8 s5

derekw

Reaction score
has anyone made the swap from an 8p s3 to v8 s5? Looking to do it in the new year and i would be interested in anyones thoughts, fuel drive fun etc, not had a non turbo car for over 10 years but always liked the s5. Do they suffer from the same timing chain issues as the v8 s4? Anything else to look out for.

Read Dippy's S5 thread. Not exactly all the answers but I believe he went from big turbo to supercharger and was happy with the outcome. But his is stage 2.

Reactions: derekw
All i know is the v8 sound sick good luck

Just sold one of my cars today you just gave me a new car to think about after hearing this I want one so bad the 3.0 tfsi is glorious engine in its own right the power delivery tuning mods they both monster power plants but after hearing this .......

If you have a V8 itch then scratch it. Personally I could never go back to NA after driving turbos. In fact I might never go back to turbos after driving supercharged - I am expecting my next car to be electric.

Had my S5 V8 a couple of months now and smile everytime I turn it on, the sound is lovely.

It’s quick in a smooth gradual way. Interior still looks modern. No regrets whatsoever. Grab the V8 while they still exist.

Reactions: derekw and RS4B5
Ill get mew year out the way and see if i can test drive one