8P S3 (2+) to 8V S3......Help me decide please!

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I looked at a rather nice 8V S3 Sportback today and was really close to pulling the trigger.
The car might be gone now though as they did say they had interest from a different dealer and were waiting on my decision before letting it go....I said no.
I love my current S3 and with all mods I have, its a potent machine however the mileage is on 91k and increasing circa 15k a year.
This 8V is a 15 plate in panther black with 13k miles on the clock and priced at 27.5k.
It has an extensive range of options including pan roof, B&O, led lights, tech pack, adaptive cruise, advanced key, mag ride and lunar silver interior + more.
Supersport seats were on my wish list but the car has enough options to offset that although the jury is out on the lunar silver. I like it but would it hold up to much use

The car would be purchased on finance using a pcp, trading my car in which Audi values at less than settlement and then 2k in from me
I know the finance is a personal thing and I got the payments down from £566 a month to £450! It's a fair chunk more than I currently pay but if the car is worth it, it's no biggie. They also say they are doing me an "extra special deal" as I'm a repeat customer. ...It's where I purchased my current and previous S3

It would be garaged at night but would be left in an unsecured public car park through the day with my partner, would this be enough to put you off? I can't help but think it's only a matter of time before someone tries to steal it and although gap is in the price, do I want the worry.

So who's gone from the 8P to the 8V S3, especially those who were 2+, and what are your thoughts.

I'm currently sat here thinking I should of said YES

Reactions: Rayner_1704
Quite a lot to pay I'm gonna be paying less for one new out the wrapper

Reactions: RVP20 and Milnesafc
Yeah I did breifly explore that avenue but the options I would want, would of taken the price up

Ur negative equity won't help get the spek you want on car wow and orange wheels and challenge dealer to match huge discounts ?

Ju, get your *** across to the light side! Not sure if you remember me from the 8P room, had the SHARK Stage 1-mapped black BE 3dr.
Test drove an 8V and was just a leap forward in every direction, even performance as standard. DO IT!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn, -Ju- and 1 other person
I'll have a look at it.
They offered me £8.3k for mine, it's mint and even on the audi website it values at £9.5k which is close to settlement.
They did however up the offer to get the payments down, drop the price of the car and play with the rate, although I've no idea on the actual details
If you don't mind me asking, how does your deal stack up?

Ju, get your *** across to the light side! Not sure if you remember me from the 8P room, had the SHARK Stage 1-mapped black BE 3dr.
Test drove an 8V and was just a leap forward in every direction, even performance as standard. DO IT!
I do remember you yeah!
I've driven it and it's no slouch, not far off the 2+ 8P

Reactions: batch
Hi Ju,

those payments are horrendous on a PCP deal, really only worth doing PCP on New.

For example, my 184 Quattro cost £35k new, with £3k deposit, my monthly's are £340.00 for 4 years, there are deals to be done.

Maybe worth checking out CarFile.net, Coast2coastcars, drivethedeal, orange wheels etc for discounts and seeing what can be offered.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and -Ju-
Hi Ju,

those payments are horrendous on a PCP deal, really only worth doing PCP on New.

For example, my 184 Quattro cost £35k new, with £3k deposit, my monthly's are £340.00 for 4 years, there are deals to be done.

Maybe worth checking out CarFile.net, Coast2coastcars, drivethedeal, orange wheels etc for discounts and seeing what can be offered.
I know you get better rates buying new but I can't help but tick option boxes lol
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/quote-requests/list

Try for a quote on our system see what discount you get on a new car Julian.
Will do Sandra:)

Reactions: Sandra
I was at just shy of £41k and am px-ing the car for £5k over 4 years I'm at a little over £400.

Joking apart, see what webuyanycar offers. They offered £1000 more than what Audi offered my bro when he changed from his MK2 TT to the MK3 TTS.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and -Ju-
Yeah, much the same as the guys above have said, I'd be looking for a brand new car for that monthly payment.
Just be sensible with the options eh lol :blink:
Downside is, you need to wait on it obviously.

I looked at a rather nice 8V S3 Sportback today and was really close to pulling the trigger.
The car might be gone now though as they did say they had interest from a different dealer and were waiting on my decision before letting it go....I said no.
I love my current S3 and with all mods I have, its a potent machine however the mileage is on 91k and increasing circa 15k a year.
This 8V is a 15 plate in panther black with 13k miles on the clock and priced at 27.5k.
It has an extensive range of options including pan roof, B&O, led lights, tech pack, adaptive cruise, advanced key, mag ride and lunar silver interior + more.
Supersport seats were on my wish list but the car has enough options to offset that although the jury is out on the lunar silver. I like it but would it hold up to much use

The car would be purchased on finance using a pcp, trading my car in which Audi values at less than settlement and then 2k in from me
I know the finance is a personal thing and I got the payments down from £566 a month to £450! It's a fair chunk more than I currently pay but if the car is worth it, it's no biggie. They also say they are doing me an "extra special deal" as I'm a repeat customer. ...It's where I purchased my current and previous S3

It would be garaged at night but would be left in an unsecured public car park through the day with my partner, would this be enough to put you off? I can't help but think it's only a matter of time before someone tries to steal it and although gap is in the price, do I want the worry.

So who's gone from the 8P to the 8V S3, especially those who were 2+, and what are your thoughts.

I'm currently sat here thinking I should of said YES
I have a stage2+ with TTE420 turbo and currently waiting for delivery in beginning of march for the face lift, cabin is miles nicer and makes the 8p feel dated now. 450 is a hell of a lot, you not interested in leasing the car it will be a lot cheaper ?

I had a MK6 R yes it's not an 8P (it was better lol)She was at stage 2+ APR. I've owned a 14 plate S3 for over 18 months now as far as the engine is concerned it's far superior. I have Unicorn stage 1 which is 370bhp and 400lbs and it's a fair bit quicker than the previous R at stage 2+. Any other comparisons I'm afraid I can't comment lol

I did mate, but as you say, yes I'm happy....and sad at the same time. I've had some fun in the 8P :bye:

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Milnesafc
God my car looks like a bargain.....at £25k
Paid just over 31 for my new FL s-tronic with SS seats, B&O, front, rear parking sensors and privacy glass. 2.5 down and 357 a month.

Reactions: pburv
I did mate, but as you say, yes I'm happy....and sad at the same time. I've had some fun in the 8P :bye:
Well mate your 8v new would have been a £44000 car with all them options on it,so that's a saving of £16500

Reactions: -Ju- and pburv
I had a stage 2+ 8P S3 and if it were me i would definitely change it for the 8V S3. So much was improved on the new model. :)

Here she is

Its looking like Friday tea time pick up
And they are even going to take my Kw clubsports, H&R anti roll bars and the WALK kit off for free. That's what I call service:rockwoot:

Reactions: tonydata, Jassyo06, Tom.H and 1 other person