8p Clutch - Thinking of remap

Benjidrobinson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got an A3 2008 1.9TDI 103bhp and 260nm torque. I'm thinking of going for a stage 1 which should take it 150bhp and 330nm. Does anyone have any experience on these clutches and will the stock one hold out ? Looking for some advice before I go for the tuning.

Thanks!

What’s the engine code? If it’s BXE then google ‘VW BXE engine’ not good reading.
A remap will put extra stress on the clutch in any car new or old and they will have a shorter life. The good remappers will tune your car well within its clutch capabilities. Choose a tuning company that——
saves your old map,
Doesn’t lock the ecu,
custom tunes your car on the rolling road,
Not going to disappear in the near future.

What’s the engine code? If it’s BXE then google ‘VW BXE engine’ not good reading.
A remap will put extra stress on the clutch in any car new or old and they will have a shorter life. The good remappers will tune your car well within its clutch capabilities. Choose a tuning company that——
saves your old map,
Doesn’t lock the ecu,
custom tunes your car on the rolling road,
Not going to disappear in the near future.

Oh god, now I'm scared to check the code. What code am I hoping to see ? Yes I've found a reputable mapper who's gonna write me a custom map, woo.

Hahaha. I've got a BXE lmao. Ive had my stage 1 done with no problems. Fingers crossed I guess ?