8P A3 OEM Bluetooth 8P0 862 335 AA - Request Out Of Range

If you haven't yet done the rnse upgrade then shouldn't the second-to-last digit be '0' ? Maybe worth a try !

When you do fit the unit then the third digit needs to be '1' to get the phonebook to show on rnse.

You do have a mfsw don't you ? If not 4th digit should be '0'.

Bit stuck apart from that - sorry mate.

Yep MFSW is fitted.

Thanks anyway .. Much appreciated ;)

If I change the workshop code will this do anything? Don't want to try it incase it breaks it or something :(

Hopefully!

Still doing it this afternoon, any ideas guys?

Give it time mate - one of them will be along in due course. If not, I'll PM them next week.

Thanks - the unit works as it should bar not letting me change any coding at all. Even if I press Do It on the original coding it still says Request Out Of Range.

Dug a little deeper into this this afternoon in VCDS - Seems the unit has been flashed with the AA software so this might explain why the unit doesn't accept my coding and its not AA hardware :(

No stickers at all apart from a small one that has 8p0 862 335 aa and SWX570 on it

The seller has no knowledge of it being ever flashed ..

Sorry Chris but I'm not sure your module can be re-programmed ! When you say 'aa' software do you mean updated ?

Thanks jonny for responding but sorting this is well above my pay grade !

I'm not sure what I mean either

From what I can gather - the module was flashed with AA which wasn't its original (whether the difference in p/n is software or hardware I'm not sure).

Basically the unit used to be some other revision but now it's an AA revision which someone has made it into.

I think!

I'm not sure what I mean either

From what I can gather - the module was flashed with AA which wasn't its original (whether the difference in p/n is software or hardware I'm not sure).

Basically the unit used to be some other revision but now it's an AA revision which someone has made it into.

I think!

Yeah - right !!!!!!:think:

Yeah - right !!!!!!:think:

I think it would be easier to become fluent in german than figure this out!

Think its time to send this back don't you think? Or could Audi do something with it?

Opened a dispute on eBay as the seller wont refund me as he basically says sort it yourself :(

Where can I get a reliable unit from .. Ie one that allows coding!

Buy cheap buy twice eh?

I have the latest genuine versions for sale, PM if interested.

Also I replied to you on the other forum.

I have the latest genuine versions for sale, PM if interested.

Also I replied to you on the other forum.

Will give you a shout when I get my money back for the current one;)

I replied to you too but got most replies on here ..

To be honest with you the correct coding is 0001222 for a standard radio in an A3/TT/R8 with MFSW, if it doesn't accept that then it is faulty.

Many units were reflashed, particularly to Q units, AA came out later than that but there is no reason why units could not have been reflashed to AA.

Don't understand why the seller is being such an **** with you, did you pay with paypal?

Doesn't accept it at all Craig, if I even press Do It on the coding already saved it comes up Request out of range.

Would you advise to stay away from reflashed units? Maybe I just got a bad one and thats proably why it was cheap in the first place but the advert did state it was in 100% working order .. Hmm

As I said above, the unit works as it should, connects, rings etc but it just wont let me change the coding.

Dunno, I opened a case with eBay yesterday and he still hasn't replied and if he doesn't within 10 days then eBay sorts it out from there. Yeah, paid with PayPal and also Buy It Now so I *should* be covered

have you tried spanish or english? (non-UK)?

My original BT module won't allow me to code to English, only UK-English, same error message as you.

I was planning on asking the dealer to "upgrade" or reflash the BT unit in order to see if after that it likes the US-English option.

eBay decided in my favour so sending back to the seller for a refund after he didn't respond to the case.

eBay gave me a 25% discount on postage too which was nice of them :)

Last edited: