8p 3.2 owners please help, software update?? equivelent to vw 6463

leeroywarner

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first post and unfortunatly a problem one instead of a nice "hi look at my car, I'm happy post"

I have a stutter at 2000rpm which is common on R32 golfs and was solved by a software upgrade from vw 6463
(basically a different map for the car)

Does anybody know if Audi have a similar update? I'm told the other way of sorting it is to get it aftermarket mapped
I would rather get the audi update if there is one?

Thanks in advance
Lee

thanks
2000rpm test done, booked in with audi northampton to get the firmware uspdate outlined in 3.2 ju's sig

will get that sorted and go from there

I think you might find the update has been changed
The tpi number has now changed to 2010289/3 (it also worded gearbox judder poor acceleration when changing gears at high revs, but the update is the same sw version)for those dealers struggling to find the original tpi which has been removed from elsa pro and elsa win

svm code for the update is 8P01A005

CD UPDATE DISC 4F0 906 961 N

ah ok thanks for that, I will mail them and check they have that cd, nice one

Nice to see that Audi are finally giving some recognition to the fact the problem exists and is wide spread, although not quite sure of their description of it. Wouldn't "Unable to hold steady revs when parked at 2K rpm" be much simpler lol!

hmmmm....... simple and audi in the same sentence Ju ?? You sure :laugh:

Yeah I know it's too much to ask, why would they want to fix things easy, a few hours at over £100 soon pays for comfy seats and filter coffee while they empty your wallet:sly:

There are a few having this issue lately. This should have been owned up to and a recall issued but as Audi never do recalls lol! Mine was a different tpi number to Ju's but worked, same update basically.

Just thought I would do a follow up to this.

Problem solved! No more hesitation at 2k and as a bonus seems to pull smoother.

The car was in for haldex oil and filter change and they did the update at the same time, £20 labour for the filter change £56 labour for the software update!!

They did treat me like a I didn't know what I was on about even though I supplied them with the tpi number etc, but not really bothered as they did what I asked

So in summary couldn't be happier with how the car now performs

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Nice one Leeroy. If only Camberley Audi were as accomodating. I'm still battling with them and Audi UK!