8L S3 vs 8P A3

Same as minty. I've had a play with a friends 8p 140tdi and to be honest I could leave it quite comfortably.

In fairness to the TDi crew... You're car ain't exactly standard. ;) But then I am not saying that a standard PD stands a chance against a remapped S3. Did you know that in a staightline (standard) the 130pd is faster than the 140pd... I can't say how I know this. lol
You can alter the way a tdi delivers the power (torque), but having said that, I am generally speaking about standard cars NOT mapped ones. ;)

Care to test your theory? I know a nice private road if you don't live too far from me? Infact... even if you do, I get better fuel economy, I can drive to you if you like :p

I hope this isn't turning into a "my toy is better than yours thread".

People! What about the trackday? anyone keen?

LOL Id be happy to meet you on a private road. You can drive as said though. what theory are you on a bout anyway ? That i would leave a tdi van for dust? As i would. As for your car with 30bhp more. I rekon while leaving you spinning your wheels i wouldnt have a problem in testing my theory againts you :D Well unless youve got quattro yourself then itll be a different story :) But not too different id still end up victorious:eyebrows:

Last edited:
@Emery1990

What exactly is your car? 150bhp TQS? You don't stand a chance... Dream on son. lol Joke ;)

I learn something new everyday... lol (hand/face moment)

TBH, aswell as my lack of knowledge on the petrol motored cars, this shows my ignorance... I never once considered a petrol turbo while looking around for my car.

I read that the TQS also just about manages 25-30mpg max? I would be in tears everytime I filled up if that's the case. ROFL.

LOL I wouldnd of said it if i had the 150bhp version 20bhp aint nothin to be swearing my life on!. As does most turbo cars tbh have a mpg of around 30 mark thats the only thing desiels are better for though lol. Desiels dont do it for me i like revs. i sees them as more of a cruising car for overtaking people but then getting showed up as they run out of puff.. They arnt slow though im not saying that :D just all torque! :moa: