8L S3 Vs 8P A3 2.0TDI

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So realistically drivers aside, what car would you expect to win!
Whats the weight and power of the also TDi?
Just curious.

S3.

And there are 2 TDI's in the 8P platform.

S3 all day long, TDI would be good mid range mapped but shouldnt beat ya

wwwellll! i raced one last night, think it was a 55plate, and it was even until i was in third at 5000rpm then that was it i was gone but i was shocked, thought id kill him from the start! Im sure his was standard.

The torque on the soot chuckers can be pretty impressive and surprise a lot of people, especially modified ones.

My opinion (and this is just opinion) is that a remapped 170bhp 2.0TDI should keep up with an S3 easily. It would be pushing 210ish bhp and chucking out a shedload of torque.

i think he'll have hit his band lower down than you did mate, the torque is big on those cars but you would win eventually in most circumsatnces..

as for keeping up with a 210 S3.... that car modified or not would not keep up with the S3, it wouldnt be miles off

Well once i hit top end of third i was leaving him but once in fourth that was it till the roundabout appeared that is haha. The only reason im asking is im starting to question my maf, mainly with it being covered in oil for some unknown reason :ermm:, cant make my mind up if its knackered!

ya best bet is getting it read by someone with full bagcom mate...that or unplug if ya havent already

If i unplug it though wont it send my car into limp d*ck mode?

nope, the ecu will run in preset mode so it will fuel a preset amount.... unplug and ignore the traction control light coming on dash, take for a drive and if it feels better then its defo the maf...simples

I pulled away (albeit slowly) from my dad in his 2006 105ps A3 Tdi sportback from 30-70. Was very surprised at how well his car pulled.

I pulled away (albeit slowly) from my dad in his 2006 105ps A3 Tdi sportback from 30-70. Was very surprised at how well his car pulled.

Were you in 6th gear? And was the derv going through the gears?!

My last car was a 2.0tdi with a aps remap, 3rd gear was ballistick. Pulled very well from 30 all the way to 80 with a hell of a lot of torque!
Still nowhere near as fun to drive as the s3 though!
Hoggy

I've got the 2.0 TDi 140 and it's on the ST3 race map. Even though I think it's pretty nippy, I don't think it would keep up with a standard 8l S3. Think the TDi would have a little bit of chance mid range, other than that the S3 would pull away.

I've tried to record some 30 - 70 times and I seem to cover it in about 6 secs, not quite sure how accurate it was as there was 2 people in the car and the timings were done on a phone lol.

i would have thought correct me if im wrong isnt the S3 4WD Quattro? thought it would pull away much quicker as it would able to put the power to all wheels?

that would be true for a standing wet start...... for mid range its irrelevant in a lot of situations