8L S3 v 8P S3

ianysm

Reaction score
Had a play with a shiny black S3 8P this weekend out of a roundabout onto an empty dual carriageway. Identical! If anything i was ever so slightly gaining but not enough to worry about, plus i was behind so slip streaming!

I'm happy with that!

Had a similar play with a 635d. They are also much the same!

I had a little play with new S3 on a private road! he give up but they were nothing in it on acceleration..

Probably a standard S3, they stage 1 remap to 300bhp...

Not sure how heavy they are, any one know?

I took one on and got owned! my S3 is standard though! Initially i was ok but i find third is so slow in my car i was being left!

Must have been a **** driver, the 8P is miles faster than a standard S3 and comfortably quicker than a bog standard remapped one.

i can confirm exactly that Ian and i posted about a year ago......

The 8P S3 is a tad slower than a remapped 8L one.....i went almost to triple figs after a private roundabout from about 20mph.....

Well i had a play with one the other month and mine's not mapped but has a few bits done and i owned him, we did stop at 70mph though due to road conditions, but off the lights etc i was a head, dunt know if it was a crap driver or what but he had his misses in the car so doubt he was doing it willingly lol.

Tim, who have you not raced? :p

probably not haha..... bear in mind i live near several duel carriageways and anybody i spot driving like a 'nob' is a target..... except i will only look to out accelerate, weaving about like a bank robber is not my cuppa - thats a far more dangerous approach and the desperate actions of someone whos lost in my experience ;)

Lol at the spelling error there, Tim - talk about a Freudian slip!

Duel - fighting at dawn
Dual - multiple

LOL.

For once a decent thread! :)

Wonder if it's possible to horn the 8P 2.0T engine into the 8L??

G

It would probably be cheaper to do as Andrew@ALD is doing, i.e. a stroker kit taking your displacement to 2l.

Sorry to hijack the thread but i saw you today JD09 !
I was driving through Alderley edge at about 12:30pm today in my work van !
Nice shiny red S3 stood out and i thought i recognised the number plate from somewhere !
Looked nice mate :happy:

Funnily enough, guess what happened this morning? I had an 8P S3 right up my trumpet up a dual carridgeway on the way to Gloucester (A private one obviously - owned by me.... Maybe).

Anyway, I was stuck behind the normal bunch of Monday morning morons pottering to work at 55 MPH in a 70. This guy was falling back, then coming right up again - generally p*ssing me off.

Anyway, got to some traffic lights with approx 1 mile of straight road ahead, and the guy pulls up along side. I have a glance over, he laughs....

It really was a 'More than you can afford pal. Ferrari', 'Smoke him' moment.

Lights turn orange, he hits it. Not my best launch ever. In fact, one of the worst (annoying when it matters the most) as he got at least a car length on me from the line, but no matter. By the time I was half way into thrid, I was back along side and then pulled ahead about 1 and a half car lengths by the time I was changing to 5th.

Bloke looked wounded. And then I laughed back at him before we went our seperate ways.

8L: 1 8P: 0.

Needless to say I gave my car an affectionate pat when I got to where I was going.

nice one welly!! i was hoping you'd have more poke as your a bit more tuned than the rest of us stage 1 boys...... defo gonna have to get this FMIC sorted after the jollies and the stage 2 mapping :)