8L S3 Lighting Help Request

darkfibre

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would like to replace my yellow-ish side lights with some white LED ones that don't throw errors. Can anyone recommend a good reliable set and where I can purchase it? Not after any blue-tinted ones...just want white ones that go well with the xenons.

Also - cleaning the headlights - is there a way to freshen them up a bit? Mine seem a bit cloudy, and I have a feeling it needs a clean on the inside and out. Is it quite easy to dismantle and carry out?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

i bought 360 xenon sidelight bulbs from ebay, they work fine on my S3 and look good with the 5000k headlight bulbs, and dont throw up codes either

I've had these and now these

Both worked fine and have done for a while. I was a little apprehensive about the hong kong ones but they are bright, arrived pretty quick, fit fine, and are still working after about 2-3 months. I like the look of them, although they make your headlights look yellow.

Just look on ebay for the cheapest ones really, ensure they are 'error free' or 'canbus' ones so the computer doesn't think there is a bulb out. Check feedback and lok carefully at the pictures, some are visibly of low quailty.

Cheers guys.

How do they look when the lights are off? Do they stick out like a sore thumb within the headlamp?

They don't really stand out at all, I thought they would but I never notice, you have to actually look inside the headlight which isn't really a common thing to do, if that makes sense.

ive never had a canbus warning for a front sidelight failure in 8 years of ownership, even when both front sidelight bulbs failed?

i have these>>>clicky<<<

Yeah just because they are so white when on, the headlights by contrast look yellow next to them.

Bare in mind it's still daylight so they don't look bright, mine are the same as the link I posted earlier and the headlights are 5000k, if your headlights look yellower they must be factory 4300k bulbs

66407069.jpg

c60b227c.jpg