8l facelift headlights

rustynlc

Reaction score
Hi all, right my 1999 reg a3 has headlights and separate indicators, I was wondering if anybody knew wether the facelift headlights (all in one units) would be a direct fitment, are bulb connectors the same and so on? Iv tried searching for an answer on the search bar but nothing came up, thanks in advance

There is a metal bit in the wing you have to cut off, it will be clear when you take off the headlight and indicator, the motor for the adjuster aren't the same so you'll have to use the ones that are connected to your pre facelight, then you'll have to sort the wiring loom out or do what I done and bought the adaptor for the loom so I didn't have to cut any wires.

cant think of much else from when I done it at the moment but I'm sure someone will help fill in the gaps I've missed. There is a lot of cutting and fitting of the light unit to get it to fit right.

Basicly as said, cut the metal off the wing thats in the way, little at a time till it fits. maybe a little of the plastic part that the light sits on too.

Then you need a loom to wire the lights up, or chop the plugs off the car you get the lights from, or hard wire your old lights plugs to the new lights. S3 pre facelifts have the same connectors i think as post facelift though.

S3 pre facelifts have the same connectors i think as post facelift though.
So I wouldn't have to hack the wiring loom apart or fork out 35 quid for the adaptors? That's handy to know. Looking to get it done soon.
Cheers,
Callum.

Basicly as said, cut the metal off the wing thats in the way, little at a time till it fits. maybe a little of the plastic part that the light sits on too.

Then you need a loom to wire the lights up, or chop the plugs off the car you get the lights from, or hard wire your old lights plugs to the new lights. S3 pre facelifts have the same connectors i think as post facelift though.

cheers @udi A3 that's very handy to know, was thinking of getting the loom/plug from the donor car, and soldering the wires and that, but if s3 lights have the same plug then surly that's a better bet