8L Amp Power cable route

Ay3

Reaction score
Hi,

Due to time restrictions at home i am about to start pulling my car apart and begin running the Amp Power cable, RCA's etc during my lunch hours at work!

To save me some time poking around is there a decent route through the firewall on the 8l chassis for the AMP cable? and do i need to remove the glovebox to make things easier?

Thanks!

there is a grommet on the right hand side of the firewall looking from inside the engine bay by the pollen filter although it has no hole in it so will need cutting first. It so much easier to take the glove box out as its not the easiest to get through due to heater and cabling around the area.

Thanks Steve,

Had a quick look at lunchtime and my pollen filter area is full of leaves and cr4p plus the filter itself is black as anything!! Going to get one and do the two together....

Think i'll be getting the hoover in there...lol

If thats the case i would also take your arch liners out as they will be full behind there to

This is where I ran mine, didn't remove the glove box, will be easier if you can get someone to help feed it through the bulkhead.

Photo101.jpg

Photo102-1.jpg

Not exactly what you'd call a tidy way through. On an S3 I seem to remember there's a whole pile of extra gubbins in the way.
Pollen filter grommet is far easier and tidier. Glovebox removal takes all of 5 minutes.

Thanks for the replies, as i have to change the pollen filter and give that area a good clean out i'll go that route. Probably need to get the glovebox out anyway to make a small hole for the Ipod cable...