8J, et35, CB 74.4, 225/45/17 will these fit my car?

calum1990

Reaction score
i have 2004 a3 2L petrol on standard suspension probably not going to lower as i hated the ride in my pug 207. Will these alloys fit my car?
8J, et35, CB 74.4, 225/45/zr17

I looked on other posts and most ppl seem to be 8.5J or different offsets so im confused

Cheers. Calum

These ones

Quick reply will be appreciated as looking to buy new alloys before the weekend

i have 2004 a3 2L petrol on standard suspension probably not going to lower as i hated the ride in my pug 207. Will these alloys fit my car?
8J, et35, CB 74.4, 225/45/zr17

I looked on other posts and most ppl seem to be 8.5J or different offsets so im confused

Cheers. Calum

the setup you describe gives 25.4mm more poke than standard.

the setup on my car has only 18/19mm more poke than standard and it rubs when full.

i think the offset is too low (therefore wheel sticks out too much) for the 8P A3. Ideally you want 8J width and ET45, whether thats on 17 or 18 inch wheels.

i'm not sure what the centre bore is on the A3.

So you reckon these are a no go? Is there a way i could get 10mm skimmed off the centre bit or something cheaply? Otherwise its back to the drawing board to get a set in my budget with reasonably new tyres locally

The absolute most I would go for safety off is 5mm

What's your budget if you don't mind me asking?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are no go with that offset

It was just you said yours rub at 18mm so i was thinking if i got someone to skim them on a lathe 10mm but i dont want to risk safety obviously.

Im looking for £300-£350 max to be honest for my budget or i will just have to put up with the horrible standard 16s

It was just you said yours rub at 18mm so i was thinking if i got someone to skim them on a lathe 10mm but i dont want to risk safety obviously.

Im looking for £300-£350 max to be honest for my budget or i will just have to put up with the horrible standard 16s

i've looked into skimming 5mm off mine and been put off by safety so 10mm deffo too much

to be honest with you, why not hang fire (its the winter anyway - wheels get ruined) and save some more cash and swap in the summer?

that way your car will be fresh for the summer and you'll have bigger budget to play with.

for around £5-600 you can easy get a nice set of wheels and new tyres....

Even if they fit, I wouldn't put them on, they're horrible!

8J can hold 225s.

8.5J is preferable for 225s, but the real issue here, as people above said is ET.

You could put 215s and those rims would fit I think.

Edit: Check out this thread mate - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/alloy-fitment-et.33048/

i disagree

7.5J or 8J is perfect for 225

To have a tyre flush with 8.5J you need 235 minimum

when i had falken 225 on my 8J they had slight stretch, other tyres (225) i've used sit flush with the wheel

i disagree

7.5J or 8J is perfect for 225

To have a tyre flush with 8.5J you need 235 minimum

when i had falken 225 on my 8J they had slight stretch, other tyres (225) i've used sit flush with the wheel

My bad, you're right. Writing this from work so I am a bit distressed.