8.5 Rotor alloys Titanium

RGBARGEE

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much 2 wider Alloys for the front of an RS3 cost? 255 tyres are only a few pounds each more than £235 . The £400 premium seems way OTT.

I have been looking for an OEM supply of RS3 wheels for winter, cant find any online yet?

Reactions: Yorrick and RGBARGEE
That was my plan. Wear out the 235 fronts next summer and use narrow rims for winter tyres.

Reactions: TMP-Audi
yeah, or maybe go the other way, I was also thinking then to just get the standard Rotors - use them for winter and buy a new staggered set for Summer..

hopefully OEM are out soon, if not will have to be some good looking forged... e.g. Oz. but generally, i do like to keep OEM wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: RGBARGEE
Is it really just as simple as wider wheels and tyres at the front? Don't Audi do anything else to the car when you choose that option from the factory?

TX.

are you also going to also need two new rears for the winter setup as well?

Is it only the tyres that are wider or the rim as well?

It is a bit steep what Audi are charging for alloy upgrades .... I went for the titanium standard rims first and then during my 'wait' decided to go for the gloss black, so another £400 notes lighter ! :)

If you want to sort out the handling, better off speccing Dynamic.
Mag ride is a vast improvement from non mag ride A3 8V platform cars.

Only driving round a track Craig. In everyday use there are many who will not notice the difference.

Only driving round a track Craig. In everyday use there are many who will not notice the difference.

What difference will you notice with wider wheels?

Big difference in normal day to day driving between mag ride and non-mag ride. Not just for firming and levelling things up either, makes things much more comfortable when you want that.

I did notice a difference with the 255 up front on my mk1 especially going into corners ,the only thing is there heavier(alloys) than the 235 ,but it never bothered me :)

What difference will you notice with wider wheels?

Big difference in normal day to day driving between mag ride and non-mag ride. Not just for firming and levelling things up either, makes things much more comfortable when you want that.

Have you actually driven mag vs non mag side by side. My dealer with whom I have a good relationship have had 3 demos and the main driver who's opinion I respect has suggested for day to day driving he wouldn't bother with mag ride. Time will tell, probably too late to add now anyway for a Dec 14 build.

Not side by side, but I've had two S3's, one without and one with.
The one with is a much better prospect to drive.
I'd have thought Dynamic an absolute must have for a RS.

I must admit the standard suspension on the mk1 rs3 could be improved hopefully it's better on the mk2 :)

I've driven both and if you have driven the car with standard suspension and were happy with it then sounds like its fine for you, don't worry.

I found it quite firm going over speed bumps, but my TTS was like that and you just slow down a bit more to compensate. For general day to day driving the standard suspension was quite compliant.

I do also think that the mag ride is very good too but @ £1k it is an expensive option and more so if you are happy with the standard set up. Combined with the exhaust it becomes better value of course.

Having driven both with and without on the 8V RS3 I was easily swayed that slower ride speed comfort was improved over poor road surfaces. My mind was swayed by the need to have 'that' exhaust though!!

Reactions: Terminator x
Does anyone know the cost of x2 8.5 19in Titanium Rotor rims?? Lots of posts re my original question but no numbers yet?

Phone your dealer as they be the only ones with new ones available just now I'd think.

Not S3 Craig... Have you driven both old and new RS3 with and without Mag ride.

I drove the new RS3 without mag ride and it was not particularly good, similar handling characteristics to my old S3 Sportback.
I know the difference mag ride makes to the S3, so expect it will make a similar improvement to the RS3 handling.
Perhaps not?

That's fine then Craig because the handling on my old 14 plate S3 Sportback suited me just fine.