7 Speed S-Tronic remap???

jasso86

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Haven't really found any info regarding someone in this forum that has done it. I'd like to know if any tuner has already remapped the A3 1.8T 7 speed S-tronic. I've learned that is the same dq200 gearbox (if somebody has the part number to confirm?), wich has been tuned succesfully on polos and ibizas, but do you know some audi A3 8V owner that has tuned the S-tronic?

That's my question.

Cheers.

With the the impact it would have on warranty and the gearbox being relatively new and so expensive, I suspect people are waiting this one out for a while and not jumping on the first tuners out there.

Mmm yeah, you probably right. It also has the new Continental Simos 12, wich is not as tune friendly.

Guess we'll wait...

Hi Jasso,

I am one of those who constantly check the tuning sites APR, Revo etc. to see availability of a map for the 1.8tfsi . I have had my 1.8tfsi for just under a year now and it has been taking too long!! I have learned to be patient though, hopefully soon we will get something to cater for us. I know the gearbox has the code 0cw something something.. you can find the correct codes here AUDI A3/S3/SPORTBACK/QU. [A3] (EUROPE) 2013 [8V-D-000 001 >>]: GEARBOX: 30055. 7-SPEED DUAL CLUTCH GEARBOX .

There are plug and play chips available for these cars but not sure how reliable they are.

Hi Jasso,

I am one of those who constantly check the tuning sites APR, Revo etc. to see availability of a map for the 1.8tfsi . I have had my 1.8tfsi for just under a year now and it has been taking too long!! I have learned to be patient though, hopefully soon we will get something to cater for us. I know the gearbox has the code 0cw something something.. you can find the correct codes here AUDI A3/S3/SPORTBACK/QU. [A3] (EUROPE) 2013 [8V-D-000 001 >>]: GEARBOX: 30055. 7-SPEED DUAL CLUTCH GEARBOX .

There are plug and play chips available for these cars but not sure how reliable they are.

Thanks very much for that link. Too many versions!

My concern is that eventhough one day they release a map for the engine, the torque limitation on de S-tronic could 'cut' the torque fun. SO that's why im more interested on first expanding the torque handling capability to properly tune the engine.

Because we all know this engine Is more efficient in every sense thant the 2nd gen 1.8 tfsi.. and would probably produce more power and torque. At least thats what I saw on APR website, regarding their New US Jetta 1.8 tsi tune:

http://achtuning.com/announcement/apr-releases-3rd-gen-1-8-tsi-ecu-upgrade/

So we are talking about 290 lb/ft that will surely surpass the S-tronic 'limits' ... but we know the dq200 has been able to handle more than 260-280 lb/ft when tuned.

Guess we'll have to wait and see...