7 speed S tronic DSG Issues A3 1.8 TFSI 2009

spoonage

Reaction score
Hi, not long ago I bought an a3 1.8tfsi, not long after owning I realised the gearbox goes into fault mode and doesnt select any gears until I restart the car.

I heard about the recall on this gearbox and went to audi dealers , they changed the gearbox oil and said the software had been updated.
The problem actually got worse with the car going into fault mode more often.

Now the problem is as persistent but I have also noticed the cattle grid effect or the gears slipping on very low revs in first and second gear only, the car is fine on full beans.

I have read online that audi had a worldwide recall on this gearbox and that they should have replaced the TCM?? how true is this?
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/qa-a-guide-to-volkswagens-recall-20130612-2o3ig.html

I had the car put on diagnostics prior to taking to the dealers and it showed a pressure switch was at fault in the gearbox, which could obviously be down to the oil or TCM problem they had hence the reason for recall but now the problem has become mechanical too..

Are they still responsible in anyway??

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have looked everywhere for a second hand 7 speed LKN gearbox and cannot find one

thanks in advance

Best to go back to the Audi dealer and tell them it's worse after they recalled the car.

Best to go back to the Audi dealer and tell them it's worse after they recalled the car.
They want me to pay to pay to investigate further and are trying to say it could be down to a little bump the car had on the front