7 Roof Wrap?

RAF_S7

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've decided to keep my S7 after briefly toying with the idea of swapping to something else.

I've had it since brand new, and now just over 65k miles. Hasn't missed a beat, and it still brings a smile to my face every time I drive it :fox:

I'm considering doing a matt or satin black roof wrap, just to change its appearance a bit. Has anyone done this, and if so have any pics they can post?

Base colour is Sepang Blue.
20170813_103503_zpsn0xfyhdi.jpg

Reactions: amowolves and Bishop187
I haven't had it on any of my cars but know people who have. Word of warning, satin/matt shows up the tiniest of pin dents very easily so if you don't have a perfectly flat roof it will stand out a mile. Fortunately the roof normally survives better than bonnet/front bumper for stone dents etc but worth checking either way.

Also my vote would be carbon wrap, should offset the Sepang Blue nicely :)

Reactions: RAF_S7
I haven't had it on any of my cars but know people who have. Word of warning, satin/matt shows up the tiniest of pin dents very easily so if you don't have a perfectly flat roof it will stand out a mile. Fortunately the roof normally survives better than bonnet/front bumper for stone dents etc but worth checking either way.

Also my vote would be carbon wrap, should offset the Sepang Blue nicely :)
Yeah, I’m toying with carbon as well, but did wonder if it would look a bit naff…..

There is a lot of carbon already on the car, so definitely something I’ll consider :thumbs up:
It’s going to MonsterWraps in Southampton for some TLC 1st week in April:racer:

Reactions: billgatese30
Granted it's not an Audi but I had the wife's Astra mk3 roof wrapped in gloss black 5D carbon in 2015 and it's still looking good 7 years on. It does look grey in daylight which is kind of what I was after but I can confirm it's black.

20151016_170923Small.jpg

20151016_171000Small.jpg

20151016_171011Small.jpg

I went satin black as the carbon wrap clashed with the real carbon I have on the car.

i’ll post a pic when I’ve cleaned the car :racer:

Reactions: Eric_RS6 and billgatese30
Roof wrapped in Satin Black.
20220418 103556
20220418 103556

Also had the rear lights smoked (still fully visible when on/indicating.

20220418 103505

The Chameleon tint to the windscreen had to be removed due to a manufacturing defect on the tint itself, so that will follow in a few weeks when new tint comes in from manufacturer

Reactions: amowolves, billgatese30 and Harvey
looks great I've been toying with freshening mine up too and really like the look of the new vorsprung edition A7s which come with gloss black mirrors. Was thinking of doing the mirrors, roof and rear diffuser in gloss black.

looks great I've been toying with freshening mine up too and really like the look of the new vorsprung edition A7s which come with gloss black mirrors. Was thinking of doing the mirrors, roof and rear diffuser in gloss black.
I have carbon mirror caps on mine, and the bottom of the mirrors wrapped in satin black. When I purchased the car, the “Black Edition” wasn‘t an option, so wrapped all the chrome including windows surrounds. 6 years later the wrap on the window surrounds has cracked in a few places, so needs replacing. Love the tech in the Vorsprung editions, but just can’t justify spending £100k on a car :racer:

A83CBB32 0D79 4EB8 A528 FC72FD01C409

Reactions: amowolves