6Y2 speed limiter on RS4

Jonf

Reaction score
Hi, been looking at new RS4 for a little while, but noticed that 6Y2 code for Speed Limiter has appeared on a spec summary I’ve just had from the configurator. This didn’t appear 6 months ago when I looked ( I know, indecisive!) and trying to work out if this is the new mandatory limiter due on new models next year, or just the standard German nod to being “eco” by limiting speed to 155? It appears on config for base and carbon black, but on vorsprung is replaced by 6Y4 Top speed restriction increase to 174mph* so it appears it might just be the 155 limiter which is irrelevant for me, but would be interested if anyone knows 100%? May affect whether I go new or used, as don’t want that until I have no choice!
These codes are separate to the cruise control with limiter which is 8T6.
Thanks all

Hi, been looking at new RS4 for a little while, but noticed that 6Y2 code for Speed Limiter has appeared on a spec summary I’ve just had from the configurator. This didn’t appear 6 months ago when I looked ( I know, indecisive!) and trying to work out if this is the new mandatory limiter due on new models next year, or just the standard German nod to being “eco” by limiting speed to 155? It appears on config for base and carbon black, but on vorsprung is replaced by 6Y4 Top speed restriction increase to 174mph* so it appears it might just be the 155 limiter which is irrelevant for me, but would be interested if anyone knows 100%? May affect whether I go new or used, as don’t want that until I have no choice!
These codes are separate to the cruise control with limiter which is 8T6.
Thanks all
Sorry I can’t be of any help I’m afraid. I. am curious though as to why it could influence your choice of new vs used if it is ‘irrelevant’ to you?

Reactions: NHN
Sorry I can’t be of any help I’m afraid. I. am curious though as to why it could influence your choice of new vs used if it is ‘irrelevant’ to you?
Maybe should have been more specific, but being limited to 155 rather than 174 is irrelevant to me as unlikely to either, but having a gps (or other location based) speed limiter is relevant and something I’d rather not have until forced. These are I believe becoming mandatory for new models from 2022, but not existing models of a new car until later

Reactions: Terminator x
Its the age old question in my head when I read this, why if national limit is 70, why do governments allow a car that can do 174, 99.9% of car owners wouldnt go near a track or have private land to test the max, its a very strange logic tbh & legislation can be changed so cars can't be tracked if need be.

With the tech we have today & for a while, its more than possible for the government to instill a gps based speed limiter to stop speeding in 30, 50, 70 areas etc, however, I think we all know that'll probably not happen fully as the revenue from fines is substantial, so losing that would be quite detrimental, but one does have to wonder, how much is spent on all the tech, systems, staff to handle speeding offences against the revenue received, so would a gps speed limiter actually be beneficial as salaries alone on handling offences run into huge sums, but would we as drivers revolt at government control of our cars, would it save lives, would insurance be less, etc etc, food for thought.

Reactions: Jonf
Maybe should have been more specific, but being limited to 155 rather than 174 is irrelevant to me as unlikely to either, but having a gps (or other location based) speed limiter is relevant and something I’d rather not have until forced. These are I believe becoming mandatory for new models from 2022, but not existing models of a new car until later
See what you mean now, thanks

Reactions: Jonf
@NHN speed limiter is coming as all new 2022 EU cars will slow at the limit and stay there unless you turn the system off every ignition cycle.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk