1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

6th a3 bought

thesmileyone Dec 27, 2017

1. thesmileyone

thesmileyone Registered User

Just put a deposit down on this
    https://www.inchcapeaudi.co.uk/vehicles/a3/a3-20-tfsi-sport/a3-20-tfsi-sport-gf60oyw-3148783/

Pick it up on Saturday.

Full spec apart from front parking sensors, auto dimming rear view mirror / light/rain sensor etc and cruise control.

And of course in Sport trim and not S-Line as preferred but I can fix that when the audi warranty runs out in a year.

It is tungsten grey and looks amazing depending on the angle and intensity of the sunlight. Drives better than my 30k mileage tfsi did with no squeaks or rattles.

Only bit that concerns me is the dealer said it doesn't need timing chain or belt until 114k miles. Seems a bit of a random number that?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jake 61, derekw and Sandra like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Tempz

Tempz Registered User

I thought chains are maintenance free and only need replacement when they start ratting. Anyway, congrats, unique colour choice both inside and out.

4. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

@thesmileyone love the latest addition. Colour is awesome. Enjoy :)

5. SootySport

SootySport Registered User

Nice colour mate.

6. S.

S. Save the manuals

Love it! Congrats! Hope it serves you well.

7. thesmileyone

thesmileyone Registered User

It says Ameathyst metallic but the spec sheet they printed says Tungsten Pearl so I don't really have any idea which it is.

It looked purple last Saturday and it looked basically just like Lava grey today...different sunlight level.

If I wanted to fit say, S-line spoiler is it harder to paint match a pearlescent than a metallic?

Not sure what you can do if you have Audi Warranty.

8. SootySport

SootySport Registered User

Probably nothing at all, they wouldn't let my mate fit a towbar to his A5, saying it might ****** up the electrics.

9. Retroman

Retroman Audi A3 2010 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 (CBBB engine)

Nicely equipped. Lot of car for the money :glee:

10. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Liking the colour . Might be worth getting the colour code from Audi just incase you go for the spoiler

11. ab1702

ab1702 Registered User

There will be a big sticker stuck in the front of the service book with the full spec of the car on it and the 4 digit paint code will be on there. If not then that same sticker is stuck to the car under the removable boot floor next to the spare wheel. I've got an ibis white A3 and on that sticker my paint code is LY9C.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Me thinks after him having his 6th A3 he knows that . My reply is tongue in cheek bud