Standard A3 BOSE Sub.

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Standard BOSE sub in the left hand side of my boot have the usual sub/amp wiring?

i.e Live, Earth, RCAs & Remote?

Thanks, RYan

Yes it does, here's the pinout, you can use the two pre-outs (front right/rear left) and remote on to feed a proper amp but you can't use the perm live to power an additional amp as it's 5 amp max. Let me know if you need instructions on running power from the battery.
BosePinouts.jpg

I had all sorts of problems trying to get a Bose sub wired in to mine. It's now sitting in the garage waiting to go on EBay.:ermm:

Thanks Andy.

Would it be easier to run my won wiring for an addtional amp?

Rather than using the one that was powering the Bose Sub?

Definately run your own wiring if you have an aftermarket HU, however, if you are running the stock system, then the Bose sub plug is ideal, you just need to run a power cable. I can send you an adapter that will plug into the Bose plug or you can make your own using some small blades soldered to the end of a short RCA cable.

I know this is'nt really relevent, but does anyone know how to connect a Concert2 to a 2000 (Pre facelift) S3, i have the can bus dongle that is required for pre can bus cars, Got system working but it does not illuminate!! :keule:

Anybody????