61 plate headlights in my 56 plate A3

a3sline_nottingham

Reaction score
Probably been asked many of times before.....so dont abuse me......can the headlights from a 61 plate (led DRLs) be put direct fit into my 56 plate A3 Sline

Also how much are they going to set me back

How deep are your pockets?

in a word , No? The shapes are different i believe, Bumpers are different, wings and bonnets probably need changing.

You might need to have headlight washers for MOT as its becoming a rule or something

Pre-facelift xenons is your option really, but may require some wiring in........

await a proper expert though as im really not 100%.

100% will not fit, requires full new front end I have done this myself, you will be better of fitting pre-facelift bi-xenons instead a lot cheaper.

also noteable im the only person that has done it properly on a 3 door and i still have a dash light that im looking into so far

anyone on here selling some replacement bulbs that arent yellow and wont cause any issues for my A3 (like wiper issues)

I hate my yellow headlamps at the moment - ill check later as im not sure if i have bi-xenons or not

also noteable im the only person that has done it properly on a 3 door and i still have a dash light that im looking into so far
Not the only one, I have done the conversion myself on my old 3 door s line, that came with factory bi-xenons and the led drls were just plug and play with coding and I never got any errors and levellers and washers worked perfectly. What is the dash light you are getting?