1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 speed woes

Kiteradam Jul 2, 2018

1. Kiteradam

Kiteradam New Member

Hi guys really struggling with my new car it's the a4 1.9 tdi b6 estate with the 6 speed multitronic box and its started pushing atf out the breather on the passenger side final drive/diff right hand drive car has any one seen this before it only does it when warm still drives great but is leaking heavily now so I don't dare drive it.
    Thanks Adam

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Kiteradam

Kiteradam New Member

Please see pic for breather hole

Attached Files:

4. Nollywood

Nollywood B7 420-R Avant Team Votex Team V8 Audi RS6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

Has the transmission had a recent Service / oil change?

It’s possible it’s been over filled.

I would get the specification, including the capacity. Drain the fluid, measure how much you recovered, then refill it paying attention to the recommended capacity.

You don’t have a torque converter that holds a fair amount of fluid, so you should be pretty close on getting the transmission to a refill-from-dry state.

Let’s know how it goes.

5. Kiteradam

Kiteradam New Member

Hi thanks for the reply the oil was changed about 8 thousand miles ago it's a strange one as it is starting to feel like the amount of oil lost is effecting the shifting

6. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Do you mean gearbox oil or engine oil?

If it's leaking oil I'd say a part needs swapping/welding not just the oil :playful: