1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

6 speed woes

Kiteradam Jul 2, 2018

1. Kiteradam

Kiteradam New Member

Hi guys really struggling with my new car it's the a4 1.9 tdi b6 estate with the 6 speed multitronic box and its started pushing atf out the breather on the passenger side final drive/diff right hand drive car has any one seen this before it only does it when warm still drives great but is leaking heavily now so I don't dare drive it.
    Thanks Adam

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Kiteradam

Kiteradam New Member

Please see pic for breather hole

Attached Files:

4. Nollywood

Nollywood B6 420-TS Avant Team Votex Team V8 Audi RS6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

Has the transmission had a recent Service / oil change?

It’s possible it’s been over filled.

I would get the specification, including the capacity. Drain the fluid, measure how much you recovered, then refill it paying attention to the recommended capacity.

You don’t have a torque converter that holds a fair amount of fluid, so you should be pretty close on getting the transmission to a refill-from-dry state.

Let’s know how it goes.

5. Kiteradam

Kiteradam New Member

Hi thanks for the reply the oil was changed about 8 thousand miles ago it's a strange one as it is starting to feel like the amount of oil lost is effecting the shifting

6. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Do you mean gearbox oil or engine oil?

If it's leaking oil I'd say a part needs swapping/welding not just the oil :playful: