6 speed auto oil change

neil ratcliffe

coupe rebuild master
Reaction score
hi folks iam going to do an oil change on my gearbox. as dont know when it was last done if every. what oil do i need to get? do i need to get a filter also. and how do you fill it up and check the level.
thanks all.

gazwould the handbook dosent tell me anything about the transmission oil only the engine. and visa broke it is a 2 litre non fsi

Phone Audi and get the part number along with the comedy price and post up .

hi mate the idea is not to phone audi. that is why iam trying to find out what oil is needed and get it from another source.

Does it not need to have a special sump tool to drain and then pumped back in, similar to my 2.5 tdi multi Tropic?

hi friends ive managed to get the oil for the tansmission. ive seen that there is a level plug on the side near the drive shafts. how do i know when the tranny is at the correct level.

Just done this on mine, 1.9tdi cvt (i presume its the same box)
Jack up car so you can get under it, but keep the car level.
Drain fluid from the triple hex plug and put plug back.
Pump oil in through the other plug on the bottom, a little more than you have taken out.
Use vagcom to monitor trans oil temp now
Start car and allow gearbox oil to heat to 35 deg and open the fill plug, a little oil will come out. If it carries on dripping out, then you are done. If it totally stops, then you need more oil

Something along that lines if its a 01j box
Google it, there are very in depths guides to do it

Reactions: neil ratcliffe
did mine in my mate workshop. oil was very cheap only £9 a litre. and did mine the same way buddy.

that looks like a diffrent box to what i have in mine. as iam new to this car i wasnt sure where the filter is located so that is why i didnt do them. but they will be done on the next oil change.