6 month review of my A3

bluemoona3246

Reaction score
As it stood outside the garage on September 1st it looked fantastic, couldn't wait to get the keys and go for a drive, anyway paperwork done etc, i unfortunately kerbed it on the way home :( oh well accidents happen, (bus drivers going down roads which are far too narrow) anyway, was in love with the way it looks, and the interior is phenomal.

Then to drive, the car is fantastic, apart from a whirr sometimes in the morning upon startup probably because it's cold, generally the engine is so quiet! I find it amazing how quick it is from 3rd gear onwards, and then you physically see the engine and you can't believe how small it is, ok it's a 1.4 but you would think thr the engine is bigger in the engine bay. The steering was ok at first, now I've discovered it sticks at speed, but it's going into Audi to be looked at so hopefully they sort it.

Practically the car hasn't been tested, I've had to take some things to the tip and fold the seats down, but for me the car is not challenged this way and there's plenty of space inside, especially with the hidden cubby under the boot floor! Ok it's a 3 door but in my opinion the sportback doesn't look as good as the 3 door anyway.

The sat nav is a great feature, got me out the poo a few times although it almost led me once to the back of the m40 traffic jam! Love the Bluetooth system, anyone can ring me, was nice when i was told about mis-payments i was owed back when I was 15....
The iPod goes under the armrest and plays my songs so im happy with that. Sadly i cant control Spotify through the system which is a shame.

Cleaning it has been difficult, however I'm pleased with the shine it gets once it's cleaned, I pop to my local town to get it done and only costs 6 quid so I'm happy with this.

Economy has been better since the engine has been worn in, drives down to Bristol and Manchester twice have been positive. Last week I went up to Manchester and got around 54-55mpg which is fantastic! Especially when averageing around the speec limit then back through the 50's along the M6 plus town droving etc.

So thats it really, almost 6 thousand miles on the clock and 6 months old, it's going well so far, and I hope the same for your 64/15 plate cars

Things i love
Looks
Colour
Interior
Pop-up screen
Bluetooth
Sat nav
Economy is getting better
Hill assist is fantastic

Things I'm unsure about
Drive-select
Start stop

Things I hate
Gear selector
Gearbox is a bit notchy
Locking steering at speed
No handbrake turns :(
Cant use Spotify on the move

Reactions: lucas-suisse, Pulp84, M_D_O_London and 1 other person
Nice review. Mine hasn't reached 400 km yet and I'm looking forward to 1500 km when I can unleash the hounds!

Interesting thoughts / comments :thumbs up:

Handbrake turns? Naughty ... Lol :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for sharing :)

I had my steering rack replaced last month and it's transformed the steering, it's perfect now.

weird thing about not being able to listen to spotiufy on the move.. mine plays flawlessly
In fairness you can set it on the phone before driving off, and control what playlist you're listening to, just skipping and playing previous tracks. Would just be nice if the interface came up on the screen as I have several different playlists.

In fairness you can set it on the phone before driving off, and control what playlist you're listening to, just skipping and playing previous tracks. Would just be nice if the interface came up on the screen as I have several different playlists.

oooh I get you, yeah, just ike bmw's interface. I agree , is just so... mmm arcaic not being able to do that.

I had my steering rack replaced last month and it's transformed the steering, it's perfect now.

Had mine done too, can't believe how much more enjoyable it is to drive, it's weird having perfect steering now.