6½ Hours and a DA!

Blessed_Badger

Reaction score
Well, today was the day, that after slightly more than a month of ownership of my S5 I finally got around to giving her a good clean.

Took 6½ hours and I’m knackered now, but well worth it IMHO.

1) Pressure wash to remove major dirt
2) Snow foam using AutoBrite Magifoam
3) Rinse
4) 2 bucket method using Meguiars NXT and rinse
5) Dry with microfibre
5.5) was going to clay bar but couldn’t be *****
6) Poorboys SSR 2.5 (DA with hexlogic whitepad) on an area of the bonnet I’d severely scratched up repairing a stone chip.
7) Poorboys SSR 1 (DA with hexlogic white pad) on bonnet to blend in 2.5.
8) Poorboys Blackhole (DA with hexlogic blue pad) on whole car and remove with microfibre
9) Poorboys EX-P Sealant (by hand) in whole car and remove with microfibre
10) Natty’s Paste Wax (by hand) on whole car and remove with microfibre
11) Rain-X on windows and sunroof
12) Final rubdown with microfibre and Meguiars Quick Detailer Spray......

And here are the results:

9223548dcf118f04d27b22d96f040ca7.jpg
874cf3a9cd90c21b1439e1ca0e67c052.jpg
1ec546b7eeb14cdb4901ca0cda4514a5.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the photos - taken with a phone as I’m not hugely into photography!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: voorhees, RS4B5, daytonamart and 5 others
You can’t beat a clean black car. Looks minty!

I’ve put a ceramic coating on mine but need to detar it this summer and reapply Exo.

Reactions: Blessed_Badger
Which ceramic coat are you using, and how easy is it to apply - I’m not a complete numpty but would worry I’d screw it up! What’s the worst that could happen?

Which ceramic coat are you using, and how easy is it to apply - I’m not a complete numpty but would worry I’d screw it up! What’s the worst that could happen?

I used Gtechniq Crystal Serum after machine polishing then 2 coats of Exo.

Relatively easy to apply using lots of make up pads (1 per panel) and the key is to buff off the excess whilst still curing otherwise it will mark.

If it does, the solution is to machine polish that area and reapply so not the end of the world.

I get really good results with autoglym. Snow foam and wash with conditioning shampoo. Two coats of HD wax twice yearly. So easy and so little effort to apply and polish off. Amazing results actually!

Wow you are a car detailing god :thumbs up: So when can i bring mine round lol​

Wow you are a car detailing god :thumbs up: So when can i bring mine round lol​

There’s something quiet therapeutic about it I find. 3 neighbours were all cleaning their cars yesterday and I was desperate to get out there but knew I’d need a whole day, which I didn’t have then.

When I get bored of teaching, I’d quite happily take up a career in detailing.

I get made fun of by my neighbours for over cleaning but like you i enjoy keeping it clean and black is such a challenge but so rewarding once its done.
I have done the ceramic coating topping it off with carnauba, i now its old school wax but just gives a nice wet look.
How do you find the Poorboys Blackhole

I get made fun of by my neighbours for over cleaning but like you i enjoy keeping it clean and black is such a challenge but so rewarding once its done.
I have done the ceramic coating topping it off with carnauba, i now its old school wax but just gives a nice wet look.
How do you find the Poorboys Blackhole

All the Poorboys stuff is really easy to use - although I’m still very much a novice with the DA. Not sure I wasn’t pressing too hard and the pad not rotating properly, I couldn’t really tell!

I’ll pass judgment on the Blackhole once I’ve seen the car in the sun and I can tell how it’s done at filling in the lovely swirls the dealers rag draggers kindly installed!

The EX-P didn’t really change the look at all, but the Natty’s Paste Wax was great to use. Smells gorgeous and goes on and off with ease. It gave the car a really nice wet look (see rear wing on the side shot).

Might get some of that Hydro stuff - seems to be popular on detailing world too!

Reactions: S32B
Might get some of that Hydro stuff - seems to be popular on detailing world too!

It's good mate, I spray/wipe it over the windows with a MF cloth, then just spray it on and jet wash off the rest of the car....dead easy to use. Makes drying the car a cinch with a drying towel as well.

Just note that it does have a shelf life! The one I bought was 12 months, I'll be able to do my car 3 times to one bottle, so it works out well, as you put it on every 3 months :)

Back window after light rain:

IMG 54401

Off topic a bit but I always wondered. Since the number plate is barely a secret when seeing a car on the road .What's the point in disguising them ? What risk is there if you show a number plate on a picture you could find out on the road anyway.

Off topic a bit but I always wondered. Since the number plate is barely a secret when seeing a car on the road .What's the point in disguising them ? What risk is there if you show a number plate on a picture you could find out on the road anyway.

Absolutely no idea and often wondered that myself - but as others do it, I thought I would too! Plus, I’ve only just learnt how to do editing on my phone so it gave me a good opportunity to practise.

I suppose its to do with cloning the car - if they wanted to clone a black S5 it’d be quickest to search Audi Approved Used I would have thought, but looking on forums like this is probably quicker than driving around the streets until you find one! Just a guess though!