5th High Wycombe Meet, Tuesday 16th September from

NickJ

Reaction score
5th High Wycombe Meet

Tuesday 16th September from 6.30pm

De Fleur De Lis, Oxford Road, Stokenchurch, Bucks. HP14 3TZ

Basic directions are: From M40 Junction 5, follow A40 to Stokenchurch, Total Petrol Station on your right, take 1st right after petrol Station, Fleur de Lis is right in front of you at the back of the green.

From High Wycombe, follow A40 to Stokenchurch, Kings Arm Hotel on your Right, Post Office and your left, turn immediately left after Post Office, Fleur de Lis is right in front of you at the back of the green.

The nights are starting to close in on us now, so this will be the last evening meet of this year (we will be moving the meet to a Sunday afternoon until next Spring), the start time has been brought forward so we get a little daylight for a while. There will not be a BBQ this time purely because of the light situation, but food is served in the pub until 8.30.

This is the last time Paul (The Landlord) will be with us as he has sold the pub and is moving on at the end of September, so lets make this meet a good one to send him on his way and to thank him for putting up with us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

See you all there.

Nicky

I'll be there - as always.
And I still wanna see more Audis. Poor Rich was there last time with a boot full of Forge DVs and very few a-s.net users to flog them to!
We should be able to muster more than 4 audis out of 50 cars.

Good thing too, else the Viper DV Group Buy wouldn't have gone down too well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:
shall I come with a boot full of AmD valves? nah don't worry Rich I'll let you get rid of your old stock first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh.. less of the 'old' thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Hehe you young whippersnapper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So who all is going then? As its the last one (on an evening) fo the year lets make it a good turnout for AS.Net

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
So who all is going then? As its the last one (on an evening) fo the year lets make it a good turnout for AS.Net

[/ QUOTE ]

Wey Hey, at last some interest, I thought I was gonna have to buy all you audi owners slippers and a book for Christmas, are they that boring you don't wanna go out driving in them *key primed in hand ready for quick get away* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Come on show us what ya got, you know you want too!!

Nicky "VW Owner and Proud to it" J.

[ QUOTE ]
NJ said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wey Hey, at last some interest, I thought I was gonna have to buy all you audi owners slippers and a book for Christmas, are they that boring you don't wanna go out driving in them *key primed in hand ready for quick get away* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Come on show us what ya got, you know you want too!!

Nicky "VW Owner and Proud to it" J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... If that doesnt make you want to prove 'em wrong what will!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmm well I reckon me and John should be able to make it!

So that's
Rich
John (Wando)
Jo (Audi_Girl)
Pete (Flipper)

Who else is going to join us !

Well...

<ul type="square"> [*]Wando [*]Audi-Girl [*]Berkshire Flipper [*]RichA3Turbo [*]JayA4Turbo [*]Phill [*]Dafunkymunky ?? ?? ?? [/list]

good lad - keep 'em coming.
Anyone else? Is Jester going to threaten us with his presence again? Will S3?
I know there are more of you lurking.

Well...

<ul type="square"> [*]Wando [*]Audi-Girl [*]Berkshire Flipper [*]RichA3Turbo [*]JayA4Turbo [*]Phill [*]Dafunkymunky ?? ?? ?? [*]James A3 [*]James A3's m8 [/list]

PS - Will have a boot full of Forge DV's with me again, so if anyone is interested, will be selling at a good discount! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I reckon at some stage we ought to be running a southern audi-sport.net meet again at some stage, we need around 20+ attendees first I think

I will be there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Audi Girl could you bring some a-s.net car stickers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks to everyone who came to the meet, once again well attended and lots of lovely cars to be seen. For those of you who didn't make it last night pictures to follow. We held a few little competitions last night as this was the last of our evening meets for this year, I managed to blag some stuff from a few of the local car accessory suppliers (would name them but that would be advertising). The Categories were:

VAG Choice: Every car was given a number on arrival (except mine being the organiser), and everyone was given a slip of paper to right down which car they felt was their choice of car for the evening, all slips were then given back to me and a mark awarded everytime a car got chosen, this was actually really close between 4 cars (1, 13, 15, 18) all were even until I got the last 2 votes in which put number 13 into the lead - So well done to car 13, which is Sarah (Sheepy1.3) on Club GTI Forum - she received a bag full of Car Cleaning Stuff.

Landlords Choice: As it sounds Paul the landlord of the pub came out during the evening had a look around the cars, and then told me the number of the car which was his choice of car for the evening - Well done to car number 11, unfortunately I have no idea who this was so if you wanna make yourself known to me I can update this posting - he also received a bag full of Car Cleaning Stuff.

My Choice: I had the pleasure of walking around the cars to find which one I felt had the most tackiest mod done to it. Obviously this comes down to personal opinions and apologies if anyone was offended, but like I say this is my opinion and no one elses. So John (Wando from AudiSport.net), apologies for the shirt snipe but I couldn't resist it. The winner in my view had to be the car with the neon light in the boot, sorry I really hate neon lights - he received a bag with a few motoring accessories in it, map that kinda stuff.

A gift voucher for 15% off motoring stuff was also given to Simon (madsimon from UKMKIV's) for putting up with us lot taking the mik out of him constantly - Well deserved.

As mentioned before Paul is leaving the pub and moving on, so we had a bit of a wip round for a leaving present for him, so thanks to everyone who contributed, we managed to raise £88.50 which is not bad, we need to have a little think about what we are gonna get him, as soon as we have I will let you all know.

Lastly, a few of you may have known that I had a bet for the sum of £50 with Goldie (Dave) to eat a teaspoon of the famous "Dave's Insanity Sauce", well it was a pleasure taking your money Dave, and I donated this money towards Pauls leaving pressie.

Nicky

Here are a few pics, more to follow when second camera has been downloaded.

D364.JPG

D365.JPG

D366.JPG

D367.JPG

D368.JPG

D369.JPG

D370.JPG

D371.JPG

D372.JPG

D373.JPG

D374.JPG

D375.JPG

D376.JPG

It was a good meet though as the others have said a bit short on the Audi front /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Nice to meet you all, as said it was refreshing to meet 'likewise' drivers (compared to the other one I had visited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif !). Berkshire Flipper I really do like that light idea, gonna have to sort myself out one of these days.

Sorry to dash off early but look forward to the next meet on the sunday somewhere sometime.

Cheers all

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

A few more piccys, thanks to Barny for taking these

D145.jpg

D146.jpg

D147.jpg

D148.jpg

D149.jpg

D150.jpg

D151.jpg

D152.jpg

D153.jpg

D154.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
jesterS3 said:
It was a good meet though as the others have said a bit short on the Audi front /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Nice to meet you all, as said it was refreshing to meet 'likewise' drivers (compared to the other one I had visited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif !). Berkshire Flipper I really do like that light idea, gonna have to sort myself out one of these days.

Sorry to dash off early but look forward to the next meet on the sunday somewhere sometime.

Cheers all

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a carhartt!

Too US for ya? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:

It's a carhartt!

Too US for ya? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif