'59 Plate Le mans 2.0 - Tuning Options

far2tall

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I've just replaced my old 3.0 V6 with a facelift model 2.0 after a kind lady ploughed her X5 into the back of me at a junction. We've got new baby on the way and I need to save some money on fuel / tax / general running expenses so opted for the 2.0.

Any tuning recommendations to get the power up a bit and hopefully increase economy too? I'm sure I'll get used to the 2.0 but right now it seems very underpowered (which I was obviously expecting having been used to an ABT Tuned V6!)

I'm near Maidenhead so any local recommendations would be appreciated. I remember reading about someone in Windsor at some point?

Yes, there is Bobby Singh in Old Windsor.
Fine tuner and great guy to deal with.
Get the whole shebang done, mate (dpf removal, egr off, remap) as he got some nice deals going on.

He did my 2010 2.0 170 increased to 200bhp with all above work done. If clutch would've worked perfectly, I could've pull some tarmac off but unfortunately, have to drive more careful and economical. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kris

Is he on the forum? Do you mind me asking what that would cost (ball park?)

Cheers

Yes, there is Bobby Singh in Old Windsor.
Fine tuner and great guy to deal with.
Get the whole shebang done, mate (dpf removal, egr off, remap) as he got some nice deals going on.

He did my 2010 2.0 170 increased to 200bhp with all above work done. If clutch would've worked perfectly, I could've pull some tarmac off but unfortunately, have to drive more careful and economical. Lol

Sorry for late reply.
Yes, he's a member of this forum.

He was doing something else for me with the lot and as far as I remember it was around £600.
Lifetime warranty with it.

Went back to him to reduce the torque as clutch was getting it too much and I'm not in the market for a new one yet.
He had no problem for it as he want's customer happy.
Hence my recommendation.

He mentioned to me that he did a car like mine (I think) for another member, with same engine and similar milage to mine and clutch was perfect with that type of the power.
Mine was slipping on the 3rd and 4th gear but now is fine.

Drop him pm and discuss details as he's busy sometimes

No worries Kris, thanks for getting back. I've already searched him out and made contact.

Reactions: KrisKrk