55 TFSI real world economy

potz1024

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently driving Volvo XC90 D5 and shortly due for a change.

We are considering an A6 Avant, having owned a 2007 C6 Avant TDI S-line previously and really liked the car at the time.

We test drove a new Q7 286 PS a week or two back, loved the smooth engine, but weren't so impressed by the slightly slow tipttronic gearbox.

I notice now that the 55 TFSI is available in the Avant, and having own a wonderful bMW 335i with a 6-cylinder petrol engine previously, am quite tempted to take a look, as it also comes with the (correct me if I'm wrong) superior s-tronic dual clutch box.

Is there anyone out there with a 55 TFSI who could share there average fuel consumption and types of journeys?

:wq

The 55 TFSI has only just been release to order in both Avant & saloon so you won't find anyone with these figures, don't expect to seen any A6 TFSI models in the UK until around May.

The 55 TFSI has only just been release to order in both Avant & saloon so you won't find anyone with these figures, don't expect to seen any A6 TFSI models in the UK until around May.
Thanks for that. I knew it had only just come to the UK in the Avant, but thought it was already here in the saloon.

Try asking on the a7 forum. Drove past an a7 55tfsi earlier and it reminded me that this option was available from launch. Should give you a good idea of what to expect from the a6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure about the MPG but big discounts are out there on A6 including the 55 TFSI - car wow offered me £42k for a A6 55 TFSI saloon with tech pack

Yep, just priced one up with similar equipment to my A4 and there was a 19% discount, Audi are giving £3000 though. Even with thediscount the car still came out at £47,263...

...as it also comes with the (correct me if I'm wrong) superior s-tronic dual clutch box.
All the Audi automatic gearboxes come with a dual clutch gearbox, so it won't make any difference which engine configuration you choose. The vast majority of gearboxes are s-tronic, so you maybe mixing it up with the difference between s-tronic and tip-tronic. You would have to take the tiptronic out for a test drive to decide whether you like that or not. However as it stands, the tiptronic is currently only available on the 50, the 55 is s-tronic.

Thanks for that. I didn't realise the tiptronic was also a double clutch box. Have test driven a 50TDI (A7, no A6 available) and noted a bit of lag between putting your foot down and the car taking off (more so in the Q7 than the A7). Reading online, most reviewers seem to criticise the tiptronic box for this reason and suggest the s-tronic is a lot better in this respect.

The tiptronic isnt a dual clutch its an eight speed ZF with torque converter. I know what you mean about the lag I have it with my S5 its a known issue. I am used to it now and dont really notice it unless I drive my wifes new A6 that has the S tronic dual clutch set up.
I also found the 50tdi quite gruff and noisy - not what I was expecting for a 6 cylinder diesel. Certainly had some shove though.

The tiptronic isnt a dual clutch its an eight speed ZF with torque converter. I know what you mean about the lag I have it with my S5 its a known issue. I am used to it now and dont really notice it unless I drive my wifes new A6 that has the S tronic dual clutch set up.
I also found the 50tdi quite gruff and noisy - not what I was expecting for a 6 cylinder diesel. Certainly had some shove though.
Thanks for this. Agree, the A7 50TDI did sound a little gruff at first, but I thought it was more at tickover and seemed to settle down a bit once on the move.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
I have a 55 TFSI A7 and get about 40mpg on the motorway when being sensible (55-60mph).
Shorter journeys in and around town, busy streets plenty junctions and stops, getting around 25-30mpg..... ouch!

Reactions: potz1024
There are some reasonable leasing deals on the 55TFSI avant currently but only in Sport trim.

VEHICLE DETAILS
Manufacturer: AUDI
Model: A6 AVANT SPORT 55TFSI QUATTRO S TRONIC
Fuel Type: PETROL
Transmission: AUTO
No of Doors: 5DR
Extras: Standard Specification for Vehicle
Exterior Colour: SOLID- BRILLIANT BLACK, IBIS WHITE
Interior Colour / Trim: Standard Interior / Trim for vehicle model
Estimated Delivery Date: JULY / AUGUST
FINANCE QUOTE:1 [all prices shown are Inclusive of VAT (at the current rate)]
Finance Term: 24 Months
Initial Rental: £1957.32 INC vat
Monthly Rental £326.22 INC Vat x23 Rentals
Annual Mileage: 8000
Excess Mileage: 10.8 [pence per mile]

55 TFSI avant A6 s line with tech pack for 385 a month on a 9+23 10k miles per annum. Central leasing

Reactions: NevMan