50/50 haldex mod

But if you want to run at 50/50 you can use the switch to chance from 4wd to 2wd... Or you have to find the ideal point of ajustement and run like that

I thought about oil temps :salute:

Increase oil capacity with this

04E8C844-9402-4BF9-A4FE-EECC649C1CB4-6878-0000079C7E3FABAD_zps90d58fcf.jpg

Where would you mount that :/

If you can get a steppermotor to fit, it would be awsome! Adjustment from inside the car :D

How do I go about setting up a group buy if these work out well?

these will cover all pre+post face lift S3's, TT's, R32's, 1.8T Q's anything that runs a first generation Haldex

Surely this needs to be done first...

Will be looking into getting this product design patented if all goes well

Before this...

From my very limited knowledge of watching Dragon's Den and The apprentice - doesn't it take quiet a while for a patent to get fully set up and accepted?

Are these tested yet?
Just im guessing its not cheap getting a patent on things and fighting the legal cases that may follow if somebody steps on your toes if you later revise the design making it not covered by the original patent?

That's a catch can right?

You'd have to drill holes in the boot floor and route pipes up through?

I thought that too.
Also as the haldex unit has a breather pipe so im told ( will check friday) fitting then extra oil above the unit would it not just be sucked through into the unit and out of the over flow?

It's a modified catch can with a drain that goes to the breather in the haldex. The breather will be in the top of the catch can now so you have to top it up from the catch can but keep the level half way in the can

its a very popular in Fords to increase the capacity of the diff oil in some 4x4 with little space

Reactions: ScottD3
I hope all this works but the testing could be costly?
I would want to know the test car had been used daily and on motorways and tight parking and things like that.
If you can cover all that in testing it will be very interesting to see how it will compair to stock and Blue controlers

I understand that but i Love fit and forget mods.
Maybe im lazy but with my car being a daily i want to keep it in a state where only the wheels realy need any faffing if i was to track it

You want to ask someone that's done a haldex conversion on a mk1/2/3 Golf then as most people just done a manual conversion rather than all the electronics.

these will cover all pre+post face lift S3's, TT's, R32's, 1.8T Q's anything that runs a first generation Haldex

Let's get the R&D sorted with some feedback first, then once we are sure it's all good, contact one of the mods, and we should be able to assist with the group buy Andy.

The car being tested will be used everyday for work on the a45 at 60mph, then at work I have a carpark which is bluddy tight! Will be testing the haldex on gravel or if it snows then that's a bonus! Ill take pics and outside videos to show! I'm trying to take before and after videos to show the change but it's proving hard because I finish work so late, I can't make the video during the day!

Reactions: StaceyS3, Westy and Andrew@A.L.D
That's good to hear Andrew

Let the testing begin. .......

You want to ask someone that's done a haldex conversion on a mk1/2/3 Golf then as most people just done a manual conversion rather than all the electronics.
didnt know that....i always thought they did the full loom swap

I've got it!! Will be popping it into the new haldex I have lying around waiting to be fitted! This helps with pictures as its off the car!! Here is the magic!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 822
Reactions: Pedrosousa and Andrew@A.L.D
Still after a haldex controller with a 17mm screw in insert,if anyone has on I would like to borrow it please.

Still working on the adjustable ones and should hope to have one fitted soon.

I've just had a haldex blue fitted and makes a real nice difference. If even half as good as that they will be a real bonus. Shame one I removed was no good Andrew.

Just to bump this,

Looking at your adjustable one, does the fluid flow from the two bigger outside holes to te smaller one? And the screw/plunger is the restriction?

If that's correct, what's to stop you fitting a plate that's tapped to take some fittings, run some -3 braided hose to a hydraulic flow valve in the boot? Easily adjustable in the boot then, obviously it'll try and siphon back, but I reckon If you mounted the catch can idea in the boot as well it'd counter act this.

Last edited:
So, any news about this? Is it reliable?
Really looking forward to this mod, one of the best for this car!

I always think about the best mod for ours S3 8L should be a REAL 4x4: does this 50/50% mod can brake tranismission? Or is it "safe"? Thank you :)

someone on here recently installed the valve and commented he believes it has contributed to understeer. I cant find his thread.

Reactions: Roadtrain