50,000 miles

tj1978

MRX
Reaction score
Hi guys

My a3 1.8T quattro has just hit 50,000 miles and Its coming up for a service (according to the onboard computer)

Can you tell me what SHOULD be done as a matter of course when I take it to an Audi dealer, and if I should make sure is done...

Its a 2001 model...

Thanks

Tim

it'll depend on the service history so far, if it has been on the fixed interval 50k should be a "regular" service (filters, oil etc), the major services would have been at 20, 40, 60, 80k etc. if it's been on a variable service patter (i.e the car tells you when it needs it) it'll depend on what was done last time.

Has the cambelt been done at all? - these were supposed to be changed either every 80k or 5 years (whichever sooner) but a lot of people here will change them at 60k just to be safe.

Seeing as though its a 2001 if the cambelt and waterpump have not been done I would be tempted to get them changed

Bong Water said:
Seeing as though its a 2001 if the cambelt and waterpump have not been done I would be tempted to get them changed
Agree totally for peace of mind

when audi quote long life service does anyone know exactly what they do in the service?

are the cambelt and waterpump dodgy on a 2001 then ? or is it recomended on any a3/s3 after 50,000 ?

Cheers

Tim

No just a matter of course. Mine lasted till 93k on a 2002 plate S3 but then went bang and meant a new engine. Just had my cambelt done at 146k as I don't want to fork out 6k for a new engine! 60k is the norm anything after is your wallet